• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Central Locking Malfunction

utrips

In Second Gear
Hi all,
I am a new member & thanks a lot for this forum.
I have a Freelander 1 TD4 54 plate & having some issues with central locking mechanism. Intermittently, the central lock will keep dropping & lock all the doors as if someone is pressing the switch or remote constantly. It will only happen when is car is turned on. Need help please.

It might be in the drivers door latch assy as this is the master lock , or in the CCU (this is the black box that plugs into the back of the fusebox down by your right knee) .

Thanks a lot. Changed the main door (driver) latch, didn't work. Changed the main switch, didn't work & now when I finally changed the CCU (I got that from a scrap dealer called 'Gentleman of Salvage' for £20) it seems the problem has stopped.
But my remote don't work anymore! Any idea as why this would be & how to programme that work again?
It might be in the drivers door latch assy as this is the master lock , or in the CCU (this is the black box that plugs into the back of the fusebox down by your right knee) .

You need someone with a hawkeye or similar , it only takes a few moments to reprogram the fobs to ccu , where abouts in UK are you there might be someone near you who can help out ?

Back
Top Bottom