• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

chassis swap

lvdxd00

Overdrive!
Hi all
Got me a second hand failed galvanised chassis swap project.
Someone got a new chassis and gave up before fitting any body work, so what I have is nice nearly new chassis with no numbers on it.
Just need to swap my engine, gearbox and body.
I was just watching the two blokes doing a chassis swap in 16 hours on youtube, very interesting how they took the front off in one piece, including the bulkhead.
Just need a week off work before I can start.
Can't wait.

Some of the guys who do this professionally leave all the bodywork assembled, the easiest way to this at home would probably be to lift the whole lot a couple of feet off the ground then support the bodywork from some sort of frame (ie garage roof or strong car port), lower the chassis from under it and roll it out, if you have access to a ramp of some sort this would be even easier.

I have seen it done in one go when the landy is a hardtop, unfortunately mine is a softtop.
My plan is to remove the front in one piece, as I need access to the footwells as they need a repair.
then the bulkhead, then the tub.
watch this space.
what do I need to undo to get the front off in one piece?

Back
Top Bottom