• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Constant knocking

MF372

In Second Gear
Apologies as I'm not a mechanic other than basics and what can be taught via YouTube when something goes wrong.
But.... As I am driving all is good untill I release my accelerator then a knocking sound appears which can be felt through the passenger side and through to the back (clearly travelling down the prop) not good.
Went underneath and checked the back end and ended up replacing the centre diff Bush which made no change to the sound but needed doing anyway as it was f******
Had the father in law inspect and he advised a wheel bearing which iv ordered as he felt play in the wheel which I can't replicate but hey ho il take his advise anyway.
Went under yesterday and after looking noticed the rubber on the lower control arm has split all the way round, already onto ordering a new one/pair just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the subject as I'm having no luck googling and don't want to end up bodging it into a complete wreck.
Have thought allsorts after reading forums, but don't really get anywhere trying to describe a knocking/thumping sound that is in time with the speed I do, that only comes when I release accelerator, still there when I press clutch in, and sounds/feels like its from a wheel driving part (couldn't think of the mechanical word and its still early for me)

shes a beautiful sky blue 04 plate td4 with prop still on which I intend to keep that way and want her back in shape so I can spend some money on improvements rather than repairs :p

Back
Top Bottom