• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

UK Corwen Car wash ford - Impassable - 4th Jan 2023

Geobloke

Posting Guru
Pass the word.

The Corwen Car Wash is impassable due to flood waters and a HUGE tree submerged across the ford.

This will need to be removed before anyone can safely ford the river. If it is the tree I am thinking of it will be at least 40cm in diameter and about 8-10m long. You will not be able to bump over it.

DE8AEB85-1A7B-4E4C-96A1-BE1A3B68B1E5.jpeg5170B851-9105-4D89-AE37-36719C92E74C.jpeg3943F398-FB13-48B6-AB01-14677BB8695D.jpeg

Well... It is still impassable, the tree is proper wedged across the ford and now the water level has dropped a little you can see it is not a sapling...

IMG_1956.JPGIMG_1957.JPG

Guess what...??

Yup... Really impassable today... :D

IMG_1969.JPGIMG_1968.JPGIMG_1967.JPG

This deep just by the gate :eek: So I can confidently say it is at least bonnet high if not up the windscreen at its deepest part.

IMG_1970.JPG

So close to topping over and running down the road.

This video puts it into a world perspective. As I said elsewhere, Russians are hard, tough, people who are not 'just like us'. When facing the kind of conditions so many face in Russia, it takes the edge off your sensibilities!

The difference can be summed up in one word - "Necessity" - It is not necessary for almost anyone in the UK to drive a river in flood. Here, there is usually an alternative route, in other parts of the World there is often only one road...

Nice driving Andy :thumbsup: Great to hear the comms too. Chalk and cheese when compared to the guys in this thread...
we did a few river crossings on the Wales trip.. the car wash been the final one.. first time for me doing stuff like that.. my avatar is a screenshot of a picture of another crossing we did on a lane a bit further south I think, and I thought it showed a rather nice bow wave , which I had been told to try and get going and maintain...
the first lane was the well known strata Florida and some of that was quite deep in places...in fact I did take some rather muddy water on board , so I guess my door seals are not perfect:(.. but I was well impressed with the truck getting through the bomb hole on its first attempt..:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom