• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

UK Corwen Car wash ford - Impassable - 4th Jan 2023

we did a few river crossings on the Wales trip.. the car wash been the final one.. first time for me doing stuff like that.. my avatar is a screenshot of a picture of another crossing we did on a lane a bit further south I think, and I thought it showed a rather nice bow wave , which I had been told to try and get going and maintain...
the first lane was the well known strata Florida and some of that was quite deep in places...in fact I did take some rather muddy water on board , so I guess my door seals are not perfect:(.. but I was well impressed with the truck getting through the bomb hole on its first attempt..:rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with your crossing at all, good bow wave, maintained and a nice consistent RPM that wasn't too high nor too low. Good trip that from Strata to Corwen, some gorgeous lanes between here and there.

Would you believe it a Discovery 4 tried to cross the ford from the Cynwyd side yesterday. It was kitted out mind. They did make the right choice and reversed out of the ford and I met them on the Corwen side as they were having a look from there. I hope they made the right choice... :rolleyes: ;)

Tell you what... It will take more than just one winch to clear this ford...
Rolling Eyes

Big ol blighter this tree...

IMG_2225.JPG

This video puts it into a world perspective. As I said elsewhere, Russians are hard, tough, people who are not 'just like us'. When facing the kind of conditions so many face in Russia, it takes the edge off your sensibilities!

I think these were all a case of having to and not wanting to ..some fast flowing water there .these trucks are up to the task ..

It is not often that my blood boils, but this afternoon I am furious šŸ¤¬ I guess it was always going to happen and I do not know why I am surprised enough to feel so angry...

IMG_2269.JPG

Yes that is right at least two if not three 4x4s not being able to cross the ford along the normal route, due to a fallen tree, have taken it upon themselves to make another exit on the A5 side of this ford.

IMG_2270.JPGIMG_2271.JPGIMG_2278.JPG

Absolute base level cretinous behaviour. One vehicle had Creepy crawlers fitted, another Simex copies and the other STT Pros but the looks of them.

IMG_2280.JPG

I know at least one of the vehicles was a Land Rover and it somehow managed to smash its headlight, including the H4 bulb...

IMG_2273.JPGIMG_2277.JPG

Now, there is a visible alternative route across the river more idiots are going to be tempted to try this crossing. Whoever did this appalling act of vandalism would have been utterly covered in mud and returned back to whichever rock they crawled out from underneath with only one headlight. This is not the act of someone that didn't know what they were doing. This is the act of someone that knew exactly what they were doing and were in all likelihood fully aware of what damage they were going to do.

It will not take much of this for the ford to be TRO'd...

It is not often that my blood boils, but this afternoon I am furious šŸ¤¬ I guess it was always going to happen and I do not know why I am surprised enough to feel so angry...

View attachment 307415

Yes that is right at least two if not three 4x4s not being able to cross the ford along the normal route, due to a fallen tree, have taken it upon themselves to make another exit on the A5 side of this ford.

View attachment 307416View attachment 307417View attachment 307420

Absolute base level cretinous behaviour. One vehicle had Creepy crawlers fitted, another Simex copies and the other STT Pros but the looks of them.

View attachment 307421

I know at least one of the vehicles was a Land Rover and it somehow managed to smash its headlight, including the H4 bulb...

View attachment 307418View attachment 307419

Now, there is a visible alternative route across the river more idiots are going to be tempted to try this crossing. Whoever did this appalling act of vandalism would have been utterly covered in mud and returned back to whichever rock they crawled out from underneath with only one headlight. This is not the act of someone that didn't know what they were doing. This is the act of someone that knew exactly what they were doing and were in all likelihood fully aware of what damage they were going to do.

It will not take much of this for the ford to be TRO'd...
Yep me too they can see thereā€™s a gate been put up there for a reason .itā€™s a shame they didnā€™t sink .šŸ˜”

UPDATE: Ford is OPEN again. 22nd Feb 2023

Some enterprising soul has winched the tree mostly out of the ford, downstream. So you can pass through the ford now.

It is very shallow where the tree was grounded, which was where the deepest part of the ford was.

IMG_2368.JPGIMG_2369.JPGIMG_2370.JPG

Is the Ford not in regular use by a local farmer? I'm thinking it would be in his interests to clear the tree if its used to access fields.. I'm not sure why I thought that would be the case but I did..
And if memory serves me right there was a fence suspended in the water on the downstream side of the normal crossing point. Again I seem to remember seeing debris attached to it when crossing.. That would help prevent any large floating objects making much progress past the Ford without ripping the fense out as well..

Is the Ford not in regular use by a local farmer? I'm thinking it would be in his interests to clear the tree if its used to access fields.. I'm not sure why I thought that would be the case but I did..
And if memory serves me right there was a fence suspended in the water on the downstream side of the normal crossing point. Again I seem to remember seeing debris attached to it when crossing.. That would help prevent any large floating objects making much progress past the Ford without ripping the fense out as well..
Yes, just not during the winter when it is in flood. The ford separates two different farms and the fields are accessible from either side of the ford. Most of the time this is a knee deep or less ford and cows regularly walk across it in summer, sometimes they escape on to the A5 when idiots do not shut the gate... The fence is to prevent the cows wandering up or down stream and to Freeeeeeeeeeedom....

Back
Top Bottom