• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Crankshaft Pulley Bolt

cona

In Third Gear
hello a question which way to left or right to unscrew the crankshaft pulley bolt on the land rover l series motor mine is hard to unscrew i am afraid to brake the bolt

hello a question which way to left or right to unscrew the crankshaft pulley bolt on the land rover l series motor mine is hard to unscrew i am afraid to brake the bolt

Hi,

I had to remove the links that appeared to be from when you copied and pasted this question on another forum? Not illegal as such but your post was put in the sin bin for moderator approval.

i am new in this forum please be patient whit me only try to make the crankshaft pulley in this weekend and not brake the bolt in the crankshaft pulley on my l series diesel motor

i am new in this forum please be patient whit me only try to make the crankshaft pulley in this weekend and not brake the bolt in the crankshaft pulley on my l series diesel motor
No problem. I dont know the engine but Im sure someone will be along shortly with an answer. :thumbsup:

As @Cliff4WD says....the way to undo really stuck ones is to wedge the spanner against the chassis rails and use the starter to turn the engine over. Thus, removal is opposite direction to engine rotation.

If it's a non runner, then sump off and wedge a lump of timber in the crank webs, and undo in the opposite direction to running

If you look at the crank dog, you can see how the starting handle would fit. Undoing is the opposite direction to using the starting handle.

ok thank you it a start now i will try arder to take the bolt off
Is the engine in the vehicle or on the bench? It's easier if the engine is securely fixed, that bolt is tight, and you can move the whole block before it will come undone. Wedge the crank, and place the block so that the force you use is not moving the block.

I will continue on this forum for many years you are spectacular, very attentive
You say the nicest things!

And the reality is that I registered on the forum because I had this jeep parked for a few years and my son is 18 years old and has just gotten his license, he made me give him the jeep but the condition was that he learn how to repair the jeep's engine, OK, let's see how it goes, removing the timing belt covers only went from top to bottom, there's a screw covered by the poly which made me ask you for help very soon, as I've already put the pin on the injection pump and I'm still looking around how to put the pin in the fly well and then let's see how to change the thermostat that is in the oil cooler

And the reality is that I registered on the forum because I had this jeep parked for a few years and my son is 18 years old and has just gotten his license, he made me give him the jeep but the condition was that he learn how to repair the jeep's engine, OK, let's see how it goes, removing the timing belt covers only went from top to bottom, there's a screw covered by the poly which made me ask you for help very soon, as I've already put the pin on the injection pump and I'm still looking around how to put the pin in the fly well and then let's see how to change the thermostat that is in the oil cooler
You were doing so well too, and now you've gone and offended the entire LAND ROVER community by calling it a šŸ¤¬Jeep; 3 times no less! šŸ˜¤
Do you have friends in Cornwall?

Back
Top Bottom