• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

General Defender Ashtray Phone Mount

rid81

In Third Gear
This was a quick and easy win, but solved my phone holder issue.

I recently came across an eBay listing for a 3D printed adaptor that would fit in the ashtray space on the dash. The adaptor allowed a Ram Mount to be fitted without drilling any new holes in the dash, and covered up the useless ashtray!

The adaptor was well made, and came with pre-marked positions which aligned perfectly to the Ram Mount 7" Tough Track. After drilling a few quick holes in the adaptor the Tough Track was quickly bolted onto the mount using the bolts supplied with the adaptor.
PXL_20231203_152850701.jpg
Once it was all bolted up, the assembly was fitted into the ashtray position and the securing arms tightened up with an allen key. The 1" mounting ball can then be fitted onto the track and the X-Grip
phone holder accessory fitted to the ball. The track allows for additional accessories to be fitted later, I'll probably be adding a GoPro mount.
PXL_20231203_154226058.jpg
PXL_20231203_154353431.jpg

A really quick and easy modification which solves the phone holder issue, only needs a drill and a couple of allen keys, is completely reversible, and makes use of the ashtray!

Back
Top Bottom