• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Electronic ignition

been having an eventful weekend with my Accuspark Kit 4 for my 2.25 i was really struggling to understand how this worked as im old school electrics, i posted a thread just to check coil, which turned out OK, decided to leave till Monday and give them a call as could not think what to do as total brain freeze and all ready thought blown up.

So phoned Monday chatted to Robert in sales who was very patient with me and all my questions, basically which really makes sense to me now ignition feed + to coil +, from + on other + terminal on coil red lead to electronic bit in distributor, black lead from electronic bit to - on coil and ha presto a spark, added petrol and the blighter started, needs tuning but that can wait. my problem was how does the box of tricks work if no earth, Robert explained its earthed through body of distributor, :ms-redface:

been having an eventful weekend with my Accuspark Kit 4 for my 2.25 i was really struggling to understand how this worked as im old school electrics, i posted a thread just to check coil, which turned out OK, decided to leave till Monday and give them a call as could not think what to do as total brain freeze and all ready thought blown up.

So phoned Monday chatted to Robert in sales who was very patient with me and all my questions, basically which really makes sense to me now ignition feed + to coil +, from + on other + terminal on coil red lead to electronic bit in distributor, black lead from electronic bit to - on coil and ha presto a spark, added petrol and the blighter started, needs tuning but that can wait. my problem was how does the box of tricks work if no earth, Robert explained its earthed through body of distributor, :ms-redface:

Glad to hear you got it sorted.....result:thumbsup:

Just a quick update my engine starts straight off the button now, iv started from cold and hot works really well better than its ever started, the high torque starter spins it over super fast, i would recommend these upgrades as the first things to change on a purchase of series petrol's

I have used luminition for years - very good if set up correctly, however when fitting to an old distributor ensure the bearings are good with no play. Also check carefully about ballasts and coils. However with any electronic ignition carry as condenser and points just in case

Back
Top Bottom