• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Google Map SAS headquarters

Lighting90

Administrator
Staff member
Now this is a Strange one, the MOD says it is okay and yet some MP has decided that the images should be removed... shouldn't he just accept what the experts say?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hereford/worcs/8577848.stm

Now why has this MP done this, has he not highlighted the place to the whole world by creating such a media attention on it... hasn't he caused more a security threat than the Google street view.... after all, how many would have know that the information was on google street map in the first place until this story broke the news... :confused::rolleyes:

Screams of someone wanting to be seen doing something for the sake of it, can't forget that elections are looming ;) :rolleyes:

Hmmmm. been to the old HQ to borrow some russian unifoms and AK,s but no idea where the new place is? Bet everyone in Hereford knows where it is, so it,s no secret really.

Bloody ridiculous.... not far from where I live, there's a bloody good Chinese practically right outside it.... This Keetch tw*t obviously has little idea of what our friendly SAS are capable of.... I wouldn't worry too much about them if I was him!!!

Hmmm, sensationalise the news again!

Their HQ has never really been any huge secret. My brother in law is a WO1 with them, good luck would be terrorists!! Rather you then me!

Anyone who actually sits and thinks about it, would realise that a terrorist does not target one of the strongest places in the UK... terrorists always target weak areas which are likely to give the greatest publicity... afterall, an attack on a military base of any kind could always be explained away by the MOD... wouldn't be the first time... ;)

Does he really think that any hypothetical attack would be planned only by reference to Google, and not with extensive first hand reconnaissance? As said previously, this is one of the least likely targets - not only do the guys within pose such a threat to attackers, but by its very nature it has higher security than most MoD sites.

you are all correct, the mp concerned seems to think that sas stands for sunday afternoon session, considering the film of them from 1980 is still used as a training aid for other parts of the mod and foreign units, i doubt anyone in their right mind would take that lot on.

now if they took out the tate modern we could use the space productively :)

:D:D:D Do you think we could issue a fatwa against Damien Hirst? I can't stand him...

not sure about a fatwa, some sort of arrest warrant for conning the public into thinking its art.

i went there once and was rooted to the spot in front of a 6' square canvas painted grey and another the same in blue beside it, it looked like it had been painted with dulux weathershield as it had the bits in, and some sap thought it was art, and worse art worth paying for and exhibiting, i must be a real heathen, i don't get it.

:D:D:D Do you think we could issue a fatwa against Damien Hirst? I can't stand him...

not sure about a fatwa, some sort of arrest warrant for conning the public into thinking its art.

i went there once and was rooted to the spot in front of a 6' square canvas painted grey and another the same in blue beside it, it looked like it had been painted with dulux weathershield as it had the bits in, and some sap thought it was art, and worse art worth paying for and exhibiting, i must be a real heathen, i don't get it.
I tend to agree - just look at the ann(u)al Turner prize. What's that all about? Art? Not in my book. But then I'm a grumpy old Victor....:(

You see, for me that's exactly the point. I don't get it, and it makes me want to look at more of it. It makes me think and question, and it annoys and frustrates me. That's what I want art to do.

I've wandered round the national a few times (a mate of mine is one of the restorers there) and it leaves me a bit cold. Pretty painting next to pretty painting. What you see is what you get. Very skilful and talented artists, recreating images to draw you in. Boring and facile. Give me a piece of art that makes me want to shout and kick it in, and I'm far happier.......

I think more to the point is the invasion of all our privacy! Just found my house on the google street thingy, I did not mind the satellite view on their maps, but the street view is too far! :Rant: I can see into my front room, I can see it was taken in December because our Xmas decorations are visible, also my vehicles are in view. It would not take a rocket scientist to work out my address take a peak at my cars and clone them. There is a mother and child walking along our road, their faces are not obscured and I can recognise them. :(

Why doesn't our government stand up to google and protect us from their ever growing domination of our privacy! :banghead2

(sorry rant over)

I think more to the point is the invasion of all our privacy! Just found my house on the google street thingy, I did not mind the satellite view on their maps, but the street view is too far! :Rant: I can see into my front room, I can see it was taken in December because our Xmas decorations are visible, also my vehicles are in view. It would not take a rocket scientist to work out my address take a peak at my cars and clone them. There is a mother and child walking along our road, their faces are not obscured and I can recognise them. :(

Why doesn't our government stand up to google and protect us from their ever growing domination of our privacy! :banghead2

(sorry rant over)

So every person/tourist who walks through Bourton is invading your privacy then? If the public have a view of your property you have NO privacy, end of story. Sorry but that is the hard fact which we all have to accept!! The only thing they do not have a right to do is enter your property, and eyeballing is not entry.

Back
Top Bottom