• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Growing your own Food.

Grew four Marmande beefsteak toms and they're all getting blossom end rot. Usually a sign of calcium deficiency and/or inadequate watering. They formed when I was ill and not able to water them during the heat at the end of July. Watering regime more consistent now so hope the rest will be ok.
Surfeit of French beans, courgettes and chillis though.

Sitting down to lunch, fish from the sea couple of 100 yards away.
potatoes from the garden and vegetables from the neighbours Polycrub. šŸ˜
IMG_7877.jpeg

just dug potatos ,for the amount planted its been a very poor harvest ,i know wet/soddern ground befor planting ,so in late ,then no rain ,now wet most days , so just got them up when i could ,tomatos poor ,no apples or greengauges this year , sweetcorn looking good thou ,but will be late due to wet planting time ,good job aldi is just down and up the road

just dug potatos ,for the amount planted its been a very poor harvest ,i know wet/soddern ground befor planting ,so in late ,then no rain ,now wet most days , so just got them up when i could ,tomatos poor ,no apples or greengauges this year , sweetcorn looking good thou ,but will be late due to wet planting time ,good job aldi is just down and up the road
We usually have a dozen potato trays of Bradley's over the winter but this year I Don't think we will get enough to fill one tray....going rotten on the trees. Plums came and went in a fortnight and trying g to beat the slugs to the potatoes.
Tomatoes and peppers on the other hand were a great crop. Peppers just starting.
20230901_084750.jpg

Par boil the potatoes, pre heat the oil/fat in roasting tin and spoon the hot oil over the potatoes and sprinkle lightly with salt before putting them in the oven. -Jayne
Hope that helps old Steamer.
Never got new dug /main crop to crisp up always had to let them mature for a few months first , secrets of a good cook ,is welcome advice ,maybe the goose fat of a rare and endangered bird that visits the island once in a blue moon, oops have I said too much

Funnily enough even though they didn't last long there was a lot less wildlife living in them than usual.
Been a odd year for everything ,the wasps are even sods this year,arm was like Popeye,first aider sent me to doctor,who sent me to the ae hospital,5 hours for a wasp sting,why the doctor count give antibiotics is beyond me,

Attachments

• 20230815_215057.jpg
    20230815_215057.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 21
Been a odd year for everything ,the wasps are even sods this year,arm was like Popeye,first aider sent me to doctor,who sent me to the ae hospital,5 hours for a wasp sting,why the doctor count give antibiotics is beyond me,
I can sympathise with that. My wife carries 2 Epipens and a box of antihistamines everywhere cos if she gets stung she goes into anaphylactic shock.

Never got new dug /main crop to crisp up always had to let them mature for a few months first , secrets of a good cook ,is welcome advice ,maybe the goose fat of a rare and endangered bird that visits the island once in a blue moon, oops have I said too much
Only person I know that can poach eggs in a shallow pan.

Back
Top Bottom