• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Historic Vehicle Application

How does that work then? Do you literally have to send them a payment for "nill"? That sounds screwed-up!
:)
They send you a reminder that your tax is soon to expire. You apply online at a cost of £0. No idea why you have to do that especially as it must cost them to send out ‘reminder’ letters.

They send you a reminder that your tax is soon to expire. You apply online at a cost of £0. No idea why you have to do that especially as it must cost them to send out ‘reminder’ letters.
It's just very poor IT systems process design. It really ought to have been updated to handle historic tax exemptions by now. A cynic might conclude that it remains this way so that exemption can be quickly rescinded and a "revised" amount charged.

It's just very poor IT systems process design. It really ought to have been updated to handle historic tax exemptions by now. A cynic might conclude that it remains this way so that exemption can be quickly rescinded and a "revised" amount charged.
You wouldn't really expect them to shell out cash to develop a system that generates zero income. Plus it's an easy way to determine exactly how many tax exempt vehicles are on the roads, regardless of motive.

You wouldn't really expect them to shell out cash to develop a system that generates zero income. Plus it's an easy way to determine exactly how many tax exempt vehicles are on the roads, regardless of motive.
Some of my previous Landy's show up on the database as "no tax or MOT" (because they would all be tax exempt by now).
I wonder if they've fixed it?

A nice surprise today

IMG_0160.jpeg

Having been wrongly advised by the Post Office in Jan ‘24 that I could apply 😡 my V5 was sent back with a letter and a blank V10 form to complete and resubmit after 1st April 2024.

I didn’t use the Post Office this time . Just completed the V10 with change of taxation class to Historic and popped it in the post to

Taxation Team
DVLA
SWANSEA SA99 1ZZ

Posted on the 9th April and new V5 arrived today 20th April .

Very pleased .

A nice surprise today
Having been wrongly advised by the Post Office in Jan ‘24 that I could apply 😡 my V5 was sent back with a letter and a blank V10 form to complete and resubmit after 1st April 2024.
I didn’t use the Post Office this time . Just completed the V10 with change of taxation class to Historic and popped it in the post to

Taxation Team
DVLA
SWANSEA SA99 1ZZ

Very pleased .
I received my V5 back yesterday :) mind you I'm still not 100% sure how the auto renewal works if you were paying by monthly DD.
On the DVLA website it says "don't worry it'll be processed automatically".
But the guy in the Post office said "Cancel your direct debits or they'll keep taking the payments".

I'm not sure who to believe

I received my V5 back yesterday :) mind you I'm still not 100% sure how the auto renewal works if you were paying by monthly DD.
On the DVLA website it says "don't worry it'll be processed automatically".
But the guy in the Post office said "Cancel your direct debits or they'll keep taking the payments".

I'm not sure who to believe
You get a reminder in the post, and tax it online, same as you would if you were paying it, it still needs to be authorised.. Took me all of five minutes this year. I used to tax it monthly d/d too...

Cancelling the direct debit is worthwhile anyway, can't take anything by mistake if they don't have it in place.

If you think that's bad wait until you hear about the rest of the Post Office's IT system! 😆

A nice surprise today

View attachment 529608

Taxation Team
DVLA
SWANSEA SA99 1ZZ

Very pleased .

14,600 KG unladen?!? That 2¼ is working overtime 🙃

14,600 KG unladen?!? That 2¼ is working overtime 🙃
It's a well known DVLA cock up. A few years back folk were finding their tax had gone up as a result of revenue weight.

You need to take a photo of the vehicle Tare plate under the bonnet with the MAM on and axle weights, and for good measure include a copy of the weight details from the owners manual. I had to do that for mine a few years ago. They didn't argue it, but it was pretty well documented at the time.

Back
Top Bottom