• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Looking to Buy my 1st Range Rover

YorkshireRose1

In Third Gear
Any tips or advice for to look for on purchasing our first Range Rover Sport.
Looking online and budget we are looking for a max budget of £17k and lowest milage we can find, 59k lowest I have seen to date.

Thank you

Any tips or advice for to look for on purchasing our first Range Rover Sport.
Looking online and budget we are looking for a max budget of £17k and lowest milage we can find, 59k lowest I have seen to date.

Thank you
Plenty of research first .if you can get a warranty get one .it’s worth having a read through the forum first there’s plenty of people on here with views .

Have you considered a td5 defender for that kind of money you can find something nice .and will definitely hold its money unlike a RRS ….
I know it’s a different animal it’s just a thought .🙂
Personally yes love these, just need to replace family car and make sure it ticks all boxes for wife and 3 kids. Reason we looked towards RR. We looked Evouge but hear bad things about them and costly, seems to be alot in garages and trader for sale which gets me asking 'why?'

Personally yes love these, just need to replace family car and make sure it ticks all boxes for wife and 3 kids. Reason we looked towards RR. We looked Evouge but hear bad things about them and costly, seems to be alot in garages and trader for sale which gets me asking 'why?'
Good point keeps everyone happy ..A friend bought an Evouge a few years ago it wasn’t cheap £41.000 and pretty basic but found it very reliable…just got to pick the right one and be lucky .

Good point keeps everyone happy ..A friend bought an Evouge a few years ago it wasn’t cheap £41.000 and pretty basic but found it very reliable…just got to pick the right one and be lucky .
Yes, speaking to a friend who has a Disco4 he just said Evouges not been having good rep lately, only been looking for last month so still learning and getting up to speed.

Big issues with air suspension systems and failures?
Air suspension issues do happen and they are not cheap to diagnose or fix and if LR do the repairs you are looking at around £2k for all four air struts. I believe they are fairly easy to DIY but I suspect you'd have to reset something or other ECU with a diagnostic device. This is hence why I went for a 2008 Freelander 2 on its springs. Love this car... very much the under-rated sibling in the LR stable.

Back
Top Bottom