• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Members in Kent / workshop day

Hi

hope u don’t mind me asking but was wondering how many of us are in Kent plse , so not to pin anyone down to a particular place so to speak thought councils would be better , I’m under Sevenoaks

with that in mind in relation to numbers of possibly a workshop or off road day if others think It might be of interest

hope u didn’t mind me asking , many thks

IMG_7599.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m here come under shipway i presume ….up up for a byway drive out sometime. ..only trouble is I don’t want to be responsible for scratches to one’s vehicles …..I do stick a post up sometimes for a meet up but it’s working out the time that’s best for all of us that’s the hard part ..

I’m here come under shipway i presume ….up up for a byway drive out sometime. ..only trouble is I don’t want to be responsible for scratches to one’s vehicles …..I do stick a post up sometimes for a meet up but it’s working out the time that’s best for all of us that’s the hard part ..
Even harder when your bloomin vehicle isn't on the road whenever a drive is organised! :(

Me confused of Kent. Born a Kentish Man in Erith but lived most of my life as a Man of Kent. Life was even more brain confusing when I worked at Medway District of Seeboard for three years - based in Rochester covering 10-15 miles either side of the Medway.:confused:

Me confused of Kent. Born a Kentish Man in Erith but lived most of my life as a Man of Kent. Life was even more brain confusing when I worked at Medway District of Seeboard for three years - based in Rochester covering 10-15 miles either side of the Medway.:confused:
What School did you go to?

Ah, we were not long in West Kent after I was born. When my father got back from Montebello (atom bomb test) his job soon moved from Fort Halstead to Aldermaston and we moved from Westergate Road Abbey Wood to base housing in Basingstoke, and then in 1956 to Washington DC so my schooling started in Washington when I was 5. Came back in 1959 when I was 8 and we were in Hartley near Longfield before I went to secondary school in south London (6 days a week on the train).

Funny how that now brings back memories, starting school in the States my mother made me wear shorts, as most english kids did, and I got real ribbing as all US kids wore jeans or dungarees. Then when we got back to england and I started school here I got in trouble for wearing jeans as all the UK kids still wore shorts. Maybe that is why i remain confused with life at times. :confused:

Ah, we were not long in West Kent after I was born. When my father got back from Montebello (atom bomb test) his job soon moved from Fort Halstead to Aldermaston and we moved from Westergate Road Abbey Wood to base housing in Basingstoke, and then in 1956 to Washington DC so my schooling started in Washington when I was 5. Came back in 1959 when I was 8 and we were in Hartley near Longfield before I went to secondary school in south London (6 days a week on the train).

Funny how that now brings back memories, starting school in the States my mother made me wear shorts, as most english kids did, and I got real ribbing as all US kids wore jeans or dungarees. Then when we got back to england and I started school here I got in trouble for wearing jeans as all the UK kids still wore shorts. Maybe that is why i remain confused with life at times. :confused:
You have got about a bit. Abbey Wood is not for the faint hearted these days

Talking of schools I went to Kelsey park school in beckenham around 1977- 1982

funny enough also moved over to the states , lived in Long Island New York 2003 - 2005 as a heating engineer, don’t mind admitting was so nice coming back home , really missed my parents and brothers

indeed weird how the Kent borough is with its post codes , my parents still live in West Wickham which is Kent but comes under a BR Bromley postcode , here in Swanley also have a BR post code but come under Sevenoaks council , all other BR codes are Bromley

one other good thing is we are the only ones not to be inside the ULEZ zone

at the end of the day my ultimate dream is in 3-4 years time to move down to dorset , fingers crossed will be able to make it happen as I’ve always wished to live there, been going there since 1968

You have got about a bit. Abbey Wood is not for the faint hearted these days
Interesting youth years but since leaving uni in 1974 I lived in a house in Medway for 7 years before moving to my current house 40 years ago this month. My grandfather and uncles had their car body and upholstery workshop in Abbey Wood - very near the 'Citadel' of the ex gangster who left this mortal coil last week. Dad was the black sheep, becoming a Physicist and Senior Scientific Officer. The business moved out before the 70s to a farm near Meopham to get away from that area. Closest I get to that now is Greenwich on occasion for the museums or to cross the river to the Excel centre.

Interesting youth years but since leaving uni in 1974 I lived in a house in Medway for 7 years before moving to my current house 40 years ago this month. My grandfather and uncles had their car body and upholstery workshop in Abbey Wood - very near the 'Citadel' of the ex gangster who left this mortal coil last week. Dad was the black sheep, becoming a Physicist and Senior Scientific Officer. The business moved out before the 70s to a farm near Meopham to get away from that area. Closest I get to that now is Greenwich on occasion for the museums or to cross the river to the Excel centre.
Good for him getting out, I was the black sheep in my family and glad to be out of it.

Back
Top Bottom