• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

HgHandyman19

In Second Gear
Hello fellow owners, I have a new problem with my Freelander which nearly caused a serious crash. My high beam headlights and flash have stopped working. I’ve tested the bulbs and they both work, I’ve checked all the fuses, & even though the high beam fuses were ok, I replaced them anyway. But, still nothing. Even the high beam blue light doesn’t come anymore. Please, if you any of you have come across this, could you point in the right direction to get this resolved. Regards Paul

The circuits for main beam appear to be separate so for them both to fail then perhaps you could start by changing or checking out the main beam relay. When you flick the high beam switch put your hand on the relay and feel or hear it clicking. Or substitute with another similar coloured relay, perhaps the one of then adjacent? Failing that to check the switch remove the relay and using a voltmeter with -ve lead on a good grounding point check for voltage presence one one of the terminals by flicking the switch. One of the terminals should be permanently live the other will be the switched supply for the relay.

Note the wiring diagram is NAS spec and Left hand drive, but in concept it will be the same just some subtle differences. As you can see the relay is identified and the terminals numbered with and follow the wire colours where you would expect to find voltage

D227-D14-E-2461-4-D9-A-A29-D-846357998719.jpg

AF0-EF021-8-CC1-4-C0-D-9038-1470-EF36-BA7-F.jpg

Back
Top Bottom