• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

P38 Diesel Performance Chips

Series Affair

In Third Gear
Hi - I'm now the proud owner of a 2000my Range Rover dHSE.

I bought it with eyes wide open about the less than sparkling performance from the 136bhp 2.5 diesel.

Now I'm thinking about a performance enhancer. I've read than the PowerBox2 from Rimmer Bros gets good reviews.

Anybody out there tried one?

Any other good ones?

Any that should be avoided?

Any problems?

cheers

I have fitted a Superchip to my 2000 DSE. It requires a chip to be replaced in the ECU. It is not a plug in add on.
It is a full remap. It transformed the car and I am very pleased with it. Not really a DIY job.

hi i have a 1995 dse manual and recently fitted a psi powerbox it has made a good difference i dont have to change down gear when accelerating it is a lot nicer to drive. i have no idea if it made a difference to fuel consumption i would like to know more about the remapping dave had done .

Hi Sean

The chip I fitted is a genuine "Superchip". If you go on the website you can find the details. The price has come down a lot since I fitted mine. It requires the engine ECU to be opened up and the existing chip unsoldered and replaced.
They have dealers across the country who do the job for you.
Gives me about 25% more bhp and 33% more torque. mpg is a bit better by about 1.5 - 2.0 mpg.
Car is far better towing and doesn't constantly change up and down gears as it used to.

Hi

Had a 97 DSE with a Twisted "box". Not happy, when I bought the box I asked can it be turned up when I get to Intercool it? yes was the reply
11 months later new intercooler fitted , adjust the box to Twisted's instructions, sod all difference. After many calls and a quote of " I will have to send it back to the manafacturer" It was sent back , a fresh one arrived , it changed minimally as in sod all so gave up and lived with it.

Be Wary

Cheers
Wingnut

I am having mine remapped at a superchips franchise in early march. It's 359 inc the vat. I have a bigger inter cooler and other mods that were done by the previous owner. Will report back when it's one.

May be wrong but I don't think the standard superchip remap would make full use of your bigger intercooler.
I think the remap has to be written specifically for it and the engine set up on a dyno.
Another person to talk to who is big in this area is Jeremy Fearn.

May be wrong but I don't think the standard superchip remap would make full use of your bigger intercooler.
I think the remap has to be written specifically for it and the engine set up on a dyno.
Another person to talk to who is big in this area is Jeremy Fearn.
Thanks for the reply. I did email Jeremy Fearn but got no reply. Maybe I will try phoning. The people doing the remap are supposed to be good but not being to familiar with remapping I am not sure how much they get involved past just doing the standard remap. It's booked in for the 8th so can do a bit more research. N

Back
Top Bottom