• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Parabolics and Shocks

Not sure if this adds anything to the conversation but I see in the mags this month that Britpart are now offering their ‘Cellular Dynamic’ gas dampers for series vehicles from only £12.50 apparently. Comes complete with bushes which at least in the mag picture are orange so I assume are poly’s?

I’m also looking for dampers for my sIII 88 petrol. I suspect the ones currently fitted are past their best.

868EF09D-C2AF-43B2-96FD-5531DB3B8781.jpeg

The new chassis is already in Cornwall and I ordered GB Springs parabolics a couple of weeks ago. So now I need some worthy dampers. Standard length, oil-filled dampers were recommended for the springs.

Any votes for Armstrong or Monroe..? And any recommended suppliers..?

Just to add...

This morning I ordered a set of Armstrong (OEM?) dampers from eBay seller uklandroverspares. About £65 for the 4, delivered, for my SIII 88 petrol. These were recommended by the spring manufacturer (as above)... and, in the grand scheme, the cost was barely higher than other, erm, contentious brands.

(GB Springs parabolics due to arrive today! Wheels ready to collect from powdercoating tomorrow! :hp-beer:)

Sounds like you are ready to get going..... I fitted Armstong shocks to my SIII 88 when I renovated the whole suspension. I understand that they are OEM and I have had no problems with them, would recommend. 👍

Back
Top Bottom