• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Recon Engine Suppliers/Fitters?

[email protected]

In Second Gear
Hello. I have (or should I say, 'had') a diesel 08 plate Range Rover HSE Vogue which 'blew up' last week and its engine has seized. It's done 158,000 miles and has been regularly serviced by approved agents.

I would like to find a couple of 'reputable' recon engine people to get quotes from and discuss the ins and outs of what level of 'recon' engine they actually supply and related costs. I have already spoken to NWS of Shrewsbury who do recon engines to a very high standard (replacing many parts with new and actually manufacture some of them to be better than original standard). But their price tag is big. I would like to find some folks (down south if possible - I am near Stansted airport) who would also do a good job and price compare.

All thoughts welcome! Any views on whether this is fairly typical for a Range Rover of this age/mileage, would be interesting to read too!!

Jane

You've posted in the Classic forum which is for Range Rovers from the seventies up until 1994, yours is an L322 so you might get more of a response in there. At that sort of mileage I would have expected it to have eaten it's gearbox rather than engine, the gearboxes on the diesels are particularly weak.

Back
Top Bottom