• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Replacement seats in a series III

i dunno about you guys, as much as i love the retro fitting of ford and vauxhall seats, removing the seats (bases) quickly and easily is very important for me, storage and acccess
Even more important for me the fuel filler is under the drivers seat !

i dunno about you guys, as much as i love the retro fitting of ford and vauxhall seats, removing the seats (bases) quickly and easily is very important for me, storage and acccess

Absolutely, wouldn't have fitted the Fiesta seats if access had been an issue but it isn't so... In any case, if I do need to get them out, four 6mm nuts, five minutes if I take my time.

I must say, those Rangy seats look the biz don't they?

I must say, those Rangy seats look the biz don't they?

Yeh, but there a bast*rd to get in, I just spent the whole day doing mine and it was not an easy job and not worth the hassle to be honest. For instance I had to remove some foam from the middle base so that it would clear my overdrive, had to remove some "unwanted metal" from the right of the drivers side back so that i could get sort of inline with the steering wheel, then that created the problem of the door not shutting properly due the the handle hitting the seat base first so had to remove more foam!!. I had to remove the original range rover seat mounts as they stopped the seat from going back far enough (couldnt get in it even with a MG Metro steering wheel!). After all that they are quite comfy and it is nice having a center armrest (all though you can only really use it in a straight line!). They would defo be easier to fit in a lwb due to the bulkhead on the 88". Unfortunately i can't show any pics as my camera is caput but do have a new one coming so will take pic's then of what had to be done. But to be honest with you, you can't beat the deluxe seats and will be putting mine back in again shortly but the MR2 seats sound ok......................

I once fitted some luxurious leather seats from a Jag XJ6 into a Series III. It was some years ago, but I don't recall having to do any major modifications.

I have been looking for some seats too. I have a Fiesta which i thought I was going to retire this year but the way things are going the poor ****** will have to live on for another year which means my intended seats are no more.

Have used Saab seats before but in Defender so smaller wheel (I am 6ft 7). I also need the backs to flip forward like on a 3 door car (hence my Fiesta seats being ideal) so that the bed that will be fitted to the 109 can extend into the front cab when in use. Had to move my battery to under passenger seat after 200 Di'ing it so that seat also needs to be quick release. If i cant use the free ones I have I am going to hunt out a nice pair of heated seats.

Does anyone have heated seats and know what fuse rating they have. I know you can get ones that run from the cig socket and they are usually 10 amp fused. Just wondering if I should wire them to the main or second battery for when I am parked up with no engine lol.

RhustyRhinos does that ceramic heater attached to your dog guard do much?

I have been on various fiestas, and unless they are from the sporty variants, they are not that comfy and don't offer much side support in my opinion

Heated seats...see a wiring diagram/fuse box from whatever the car came out of...or use a 10Amp, see if the fuse melts after a while...if it does then up the fuse.

That cheapo heater just about takes some of the chill off - I wouldn't say it made it warm...but when we were at -5c it made a difference. Was just a cheapo ebay thing....cut the cig socket off and wired it up to the battery via a 20A fuse (it melts a 10A in no time).

Back
Top Bottom