• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Series 3 not starting after injector swap

CharlieBroom

In Third Gear
Just replaced the injectors on my series 3 with some refurbished ones and having trouble starting it.

I’ve loosed off the feed pipes and there getting fuel.

Noticed a small leak from one of the leak off pipes but surely that wouldn’t cause it to fail (ordered a bolt) will replace next week.

Am I missing something here?

A small amount of white smoke is coming out the exhaust, I replaced both seals copper and alloy too.

Thanks in advance!

Did you leave the injector pipes on? So they are in the right order?

Assuming yes, then loosen no’s 1 and 4 injector pipes at the injector, use the glow plugs, and turn the engine over, with a fully charged battery. It should start to fire, on those 2, and you nip the other two up whilst it’s chugging away, and you should be good to go.

Failing that, get somebody to drag it down the road and bump start it! It WILL start!

They can be really awkward to start after fitting new injectors - mine was . Normal bleeding via the lift pump, filter and pump made no difference to mine.

Injector pipes loosening did help and it ran albeit very rough until the air escaped .

I also hooked the battery up to another running engine so prevent flattening the battery too much.

Don’t overtighten the injector pipes .

Good luck 👍

Back
Top Bottom