• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

The "normal things going on" thread.

Watching a fishing program earlier on carp ,my god there huge this was 153lb ….this was in Asia somewhere…a thing of beauty .
IMG_3761.jpeg

Is that the Aswan dam?

I found it greatly hilarious how they moved things before they floodified it, like the Abu Simbel site. Yet they bum on about how it lines up with the sun at a given time of year, ancient positioning etc....yet it's not where it used to be. In fact, the hill it's set in is man made, and if I'm remembering right, is hollow and houses generating plant.

It's all in the eye of the beholder, eh?
I seem to recall they set the site up so that it was positioned/oriented exactly as it had been, so the Sun still shines and illuminates the shrine same as originally..?

Been to SWFC club today to see off my old army mates do a 10m walk in aide of MND , and in remembrance of my late brother in law who passed away from MND , in December , I couldn’t do it but my three kids and grandchildren did it , so very proud of them

Attachments

• IMG_6767.jpeg
    IMG_6767.jpeg
    637.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6790.jpeg
    IMG_6790.jpeg
    537.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6804.jpeg
    IMG_6804.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6772.jpeg
    IMG_6772.jpeg