• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Tyre choice on Wolf Rims

Don't they give er.... scary handling on a coiler? :rolleyes: (apart from when off-road where you go slow)

swag298 said:
8.25's get my vote every time!

swag

hoo yeah

or 255/100

or maybe some 36's...http://www.aulro.com/albums/Dave-Mates-Modified-Landy-s/100_0048.jpg

http://www.aulro.com/albums/Dave-Mates-Modified-Landy-s/100_0086.jpg

'moan the stage one's

anyhoo, swag

are you running pretty stiff springs up front?
you seem to have lots of clearance between tyre and wheelearch eybrow thang.

i've only got about 3" at most between the top of my tyre and the arch and i'm pretty sure your xzl's should be of larger diameter.

34"?

Attachments

• DSCN0675[1].JPG
    DSCN0675[1].JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 80
GreyBack said:
I've seen plenty of 285s, so 265s must be OK...

Just an observation

yeah, they just happen to be doing some fairly hardcore stuff.

not a case of looking ok, its a case of being ok.
50000k's with 285 bfg muds on 6.5" wolf rims in south america, with a lot of jungle work - www.ihana.com

http://english.hotchallenge.se/ their other car is a rangie runing 285 silverstones, again on wolf rims. probably does not see such off road action as the portaled rangie, but it daresay it does its fair share of miles, both on ad off road.

so 265's probably will be ok

Just the normal 110 HD fronts, NRC9448/9449

Should sag very slightly once the winch mount's all done on the front. Plus there'll be a bonnet mounted spare aswell as the one on the back door for long trips.

swag

swag298 said:
Just the normal 110 HD fronts, NRC9448/9449

Should sag very slightly once the winch mount's all done on the front. Plus there'll be a bonnet mounted spare aswell as the one on the back door for long trips.

swag

hmm, must be sagging a bit.

i was sure the front had gone up a bit when i put the isuzu engine in last year as i think its lighter than the 2.5 n/a and sits a fair bit further back in the engine bay.

ho humm, need to take some proper measurements i think...

33.5" diameter tyres taken across the way (11" wide whilst i measured them for those interested)
and 35" from ground to bottom of arch eyebrow.
not hellish much between axle and bumpstop although it is sitting on a slope.

did seem to stuff up in the arch a fair bit when sat on the old tyres.

Attachments

• IMG_6519wee.JPG
    IMG_6519wee.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 84
Rich_P said:
Are those SAT Crossplies I see on your 90!? :yikes:
Correct ;)

Rich_P said:
Don't they give er.... scary handling on a coiler? (apart from when off-road where you go slow)
What do you mean off-road?...I go slow everywhere...I have a 2.5P under the bonnet:D

Seriously though, they are only scary if you drive like an idiot. They are fine on the Ninety. I live in a fairly hilly area where most of the roads are very windy & hilly. The road surface is also pretty poor coarse chip seal & the crossplies are fine. The full-time 4WD obviously helps. I had crossply SATs on the SIIA 88" I used to have & that went alright too. Obviously the back wanted to slide out alot more than on the Ninety, but still nothing too bad.

Besides, the SATs are the fruit off-road :D

Cheers

I run Wolf Rims on my 130 shod with 265 BFG AT's. One year on....no problems to report yet.
You'll have to adjust the steering stops on the hubs to prevent rubbing of the tyres on the radius arms though.

Regards.

Streaky

swag298 said:
8.25's get my vote every time!

swag
Hi Swag.
Nice 110. I used to live on your side of the pond unfortunately not in Canada though,and always had L/R's. Canada is a great place.
Nice pics,just wanted to know if you had spacers fitted as the offset seems wider than normal?
I have a 110 Td5 with R/R P38 steels (Disco II steel wheels also), adapters to suit which act as a spacer too. It came like this and I don't like the idea. Thinking of swapping to wolfs and if that is the offset then it is ideal.
Cheers.

No spacers. Just standard tubeless Wolf rims with 8.25R16 Michelin XZL's.
8.25's are obviously 8.25" wide and 33-ish inches tall.
Metric-wise they'd be 210 wide.

swag

Doesn't matter now anyway. I sold the wolf rims yesterday after buying a set of Black Preditors from Craddocks.

It looks the cat's tw*t!!!

I'll put a pic on here when I have the chance.

TRR Motorsport said:
Doesn't matter now anyway. I sold the wolf rims yesterday after buying a set of Black Preditors from Craddocks.

It looks the cat's tw*t!!!

I'll put a pic on here when I have the chance.
i would like to see the pictures, maybe get myself a set;)

Back
Top Bottom