• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Volvo S40 T5 SE sport

Fitted the K&N air filter and the new one-way t-piece to the screen jets. Once the filter was in the auto choke comes off after a few seconds of running instead a minute or two. Revs well through the range but didn't get chance to test drive. Still a slight hesitation when lifting off slowly.

After lunch hopefully wire in the race ECU and setup the app for it.

Total fail on the ECU. Took me over an hour to locate the manifold boost pressure sensor. Silly ole me it's obviously behind the fog light grill in the intercooler. Next time I can half hour in daylight I'll wire it in.

Not had chance to do the ECU yet. First proper drive with the k&n and it feels loads better - no noticeable hesitation. I think the old filter was in worse condition than first thought, I think the lift off hesitation was just a re-learning thing.

Got it back after MOT they changed the front shocks and springs and the offside lower arm. Drives like a different car altogether. Even more chuffed with it now. MOT bill was £684 so total cost to own a high-performance car still under £1500

Rusty the plastic coating had cracked and coming off in chunks. They had to take the springs off to replace them, so I had them put new springs on at same time. Parts were cheap (ish) and labour no different.

Got the other side done today. Finally got the race chip fitted. Omfg 300hp in that car is very feral. In fact undriveable round residential streets. Thankfully there's an eco mode too which makes it very sedate compared to factory but gives enough to have a quick car. Super chuffed.
Tested on private roads I assume 🤣 😉. Colin

Nearly two years on from buying this car and I finally got round to bleeding the brakes today. Feels better but still OMFG is this pedal going to do anything before it hits the radiator :eek: can lock up the wheels and it does stop just the pedal doesn't feel nice at all.

Back
Top Bottom