• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Webasto Thermo Top C

Howdy

Finally got the Webasto english fitting instructions for the Defender TD5. I've scanned them to pdf, but they're huge, so will email them if you want them.

Tom

Hi, i am trying to fit one of these and have had lots of problems, would be grateful for the instructions if you have them. Thanks (email. [email protected])

HI,
I too would be grateful if you could email me the instructions. vaughn.wiles AT gmail.com.
Thanks,
Vaughn.

has anyone managed to get one of these to run without the small box in the cab and just an on/off switch instead? The unit I have came from a disco and has been hard wired into the climate control so there is no timer with it.

ok So many folks have been interested in this thread. Anyone done the mod yet and if so do tell? Is it worth it? and niggles?

Geo.

oooh interesting! : )

I am about to go pick up a timer box from a mate to test the unit before the weekend, I will let you guys know how I get on with it on the bench!

ok So many folks have been interested in this thread. Anyone done the mod yet and if so do tell? Is it worth it? and niggles?

Geo.

Its got to be one of the best mods I've done. I managed to get all the "fancy" bits off a scrap Rover, so I can switch it on from the comfort of my bed in a morning with the key fob and after half an hour get into a lovely warm defrosted Landy. I can also set a timer to switch it on at a particular time.

Fitting it was a very dirty and fiddly job running wires and fuel line all over the place and it cost a few quid to buy all the extra bits I needed, and to get the fuel pick up fitted, but I'd definitely reccomend it.

I am planning on fitting a small fuel tank separate to the vehicle in one of the side lockers. My plan is it just to be for the heater and as such will run on red. I can't use the return line on my vehicle as it services both derv and cooking oil so decided this route would be cheaper and simpler. Just waiting on dosing pump being delivered.

Hi guys.
Sorry to raise this thread yet again but I'm about to attempt this install with a seperate tank also. Mainly because I don't see why I should be paying tax for white diesel just for heating purposes.
How did you get on with this and where did you install the dosing pump? Ad close to small tank as possible?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom