• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What grinds YOUR gears??

Down here lots of folk want the speed limit on the road out of the village reduced from 60 to 30, the council wont do it and the process to get it done can take years,
When you suggest to the most vocal that they should just feck the council and put up their own road signs they start going on about rules and regulations,
Its almost like there has been some national event that have turned folk into sheep.
In the old days it was common for folk to protest or completely ignore stupid little laws, rules and regulations but now a protester for what is right is demonised via the media and the sheep people are the first to say that those with minds of their own shouldnt be allowed to protest.

Last edited:
This country has gone health & safety mad,so they'd prefer a run down shit hole then. Jeez you can't even put some flowers up,to make the place look better 🤬
Yes, I’ve tried planting trees on verges through the council and takes about a year to organise. Our shire council prevents planting on verges due to risk of falling trees in the road, yet city council are planting them IN the road!
The procedure is- First to contact green space department, then look up the groundwork’s plan to look for buried services, then send out leaflets to propose the idea to residents, wait about 2 months for objections, another 2 months to reply to those objections in the terms of - it’s not your property so F.O.!
Then order the plants, and organise a local planting event- needing authority from local village council- needing a risk assessment and paying the public liability insurance for the day for anyone planting.
Then inform Landscape services so they don’t mow the lot flat again, which they will usually ignore and mow it anyway.
- Total PITA to do anything nice.
- but we got some done-
1e2a184c-bf1e-4492-b7ff-8b59c4aa2fda.jpeg

I went to the ace cafe a couple of years back and parked up in the 90% empty carpark and went in for a cuppa,
Next thing a chap comes in and asks if thats my bike outside, yes i replied,
He said that i had to move it as it was not parked correctly, it was not in line with the other 2 or 3 bikes that were parked up,
Thinking he was joking i ignored him,
The next thing another member of staff comes over and says all bikes have to be parked next to each other in orderly lines facing the road,
Thats in a location that thrives on and makes its money and reputation on once being the spiritual home of a counter culture,
I drank my tea and left.
This country has changed for the worse,

Attachments

• 2504638107_8df1815743_c.jpg
    2504638107_8df1815743_c.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 2
I would have poured my tea all over their floor, told them to get stuffed & just walked out !
Once went in a cafe been going to for years,to be told bicycles are not allowed in the garden anymore. The day was overcast was more staff than customers, I told them how ridiculous they are. They'll loose a lot of customers, plus the fact I'm a motorcyclist & will tell all my friends !
I know of another cafe that closed, within 6 months after similar stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom