• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Who has a dog then.

Thanks - if we didn't have two full-sized dogs it'd all fit in the boot, so instead it has to go in two roof bags with the gas bottle strapped to one of the back seats.

I know how that feels , my one dog fills the back of the 110, Im going to buy a new tent this year as the las t one is 13yrs old and starting to fail in a few areas , zip , stitching etc...
fridge is in the rear seats plus general stuff and the rest goes on the roof. Im looking at a Robens Klondike tent with the woodburner , as we also camp early spring and Autumn to avoid crowds and also my job dictates such. we mainly wild camp or farms here in France which is pretty awesome.

Before Covid, I used to go wild camping in Kielder forest with the dogs - they had their own backpacks to carry dried food & 1l of water each, I was carrying about 16kg at the start. The one thing I quickly learnt was that they do not adjust their spacial awareness if they have backpacks....
I used to go to France / Belgium quite often helping a mate run 'off-grid battlefield tours' especially in the Zone Rouge around Verdun, we camped at the top of Mort Homme a few times and the area around the top access to KronPrinz tunnel...

Anyway, back to the dogs - here they are on an acclimatisation run.
Training.jpg

how old is he ? as he looks in pretty fine shape for an old boy ! thats mighty lam camping
He’s 10yrs 7 months there is a year between them.
Unfortunately he as a bad front leg / foot and the option is to take his leg off.
We and the vet think it’s best not to at his age and size, so he takes his tablets eats well still and we try and make sure he doesn’t overdo it anymore. Even though at times he thinks he a bloody pup lol 👍

Back
Top Bottom