• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Who has a dog then.

IMG_4912.jpeg

Looking after my daughter's dog for the day šŸ˜€He's watching the sheep.

Had to leave Eddie at the vets today, x-rays looking for cause of pain he's suffering. Poor little sod has arthritis in both elbows and more so in the right what with the pinned joint and metalwork. They also found a lesion on his lower back spine so a bit more arthritis there. To add insult to injury, they pulled 8 teeth! He's recovering from the ordeal now, but I'm still reeling from paying the bill!

IMG_20200213_110114.jpg

He's already back up and barking at the postman; I'm still in shock after my wallet rape!
Glad he's up and wuffin!

I've mentioned this company on here before, www.csjk9.co.uk we use a product of theirs, all herbal, called 'No Ake', which deffo seems to help older dogs with the aches and pains. Works just as well as the painkiller (loxicom?) the vet said we could continue with, and that they would put a monthly script out for after Millie's op, to ease her general aches, but it's a shed load cheaper. A 1ml scoop a day is all.

We aren't using the loxicom.

All the local vets to us are similarly priced. It does wind me up a bit though when I go to ours, as he parks his speedboat right in front of the entrance. Nothing like rubbing it in how he's enjoying life on the proceeds. As for insurance, well, this year's quote was Ā£1776 with a Ā£135 excess. It's a lifetime policy so I'm a bit screwed if I wanted to change insurer; it's Hobson's choice, be insured or don't. The only saving grace is that the seven grand they had to pay out for the broken leg claim pretty much gave me back the money I'd paid in; still cost me another two and half on top mind. Yesterday it was Ā£700, I'll have to see how much of that I get back when the claim is processed. Having pets is an expensive indulgence, and it's heartbreaking when your dog is your best buddy.

All the local vets to us are similarly priced. It does wind me up a bit though when I go to ours, as he parks his speedboat right in front of the entrance. Nothing like rubbing it in how he's enjoying life on the proceeds. As for insurance, well, this year's quote was Ā£1776 with a Ā£135 excess. It's a lifetime policy so I'm a bit screwed if I wanted to change insurer; it's Hobson's choice, be insured or don't. The only saving grace is that the seven grand they had to pay out for the broken leg claim pretty much gave me back the money I'd paid in; still cost me another two and half on top mind. Yesterday it was Ā£700, I'll have to see how much of that I get back when the claim is processed. Having pets is an expensive indulgence, and it's heartbreaking when your dog is your best buddy.
I like that bit ā€œhe parks his speedboat right in front of the entrance ā€œ ..but as you say heā€™s your best buddy so worth it .

Back
Top Bottom