• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Wiring work light.

In the 70's a had an uncle who lived in Peckham, he drove an Austin 1100. A lot of cars were getting stolen - this is the days of "joy riding". The fuel line went under the drivers seat floor so he fitted a tap with a flap of carpet over it. It worked, it would still get stolen but it would only go a few hundred yards so he'd walk around and find it, they never figured it out.

Hi, A newbie here.
I’m PeteO, and own a ‘94 300tdi CSW with FSH & 200k+ miles, but am mildly incompetent technically at the moment.
But I think this matters follows on from the matters discussed in this thread.
I recently had a bit of luck when looking for a light bar (to assist the single candlepower h/lights), and managed to get one with 2 old Lazer ST8s already attached, both working, for £102 off Ebaygum.
I’ve read many many relevant posts and have managed to fit the bar, and wire in using a relay. All fine, right up until I connect the ACC wire on the switch. I don’t really know what to connect it to.
I should say the PO fitted a pair of Wipac 8” spots that have a separate switch, and work only when the sidelights are on.
he also fitted a trio of LED toggle switches, using one for the Wipacs, which glows green when switched on.
I reckon that’ll do me, so I tried to emulate that set up.
I’ve tried connecting the ACC wire the same as the Wipac switch ( by taking a spur off that ACC wire) but the ST8s will only work (& LED glow green) if the Wipacs are on.
So instead I tried taking a spur off the power supply to the cigar lighter, but then the LED glows green regardless of whether switched on or not.
obviously the ACC wire goes somewhere, but where ? What is a suitable circuit to take a spur off, and how do I identify it .

I’m hoping the collective knowledge evident can give me some pointers in layman’s terms.
Here’s hoping.
cheers

Sketch out how the switch for the Wipacs is connected, and perhaps a photo of the back of the switch ? Sometimes there's more than one way to wire a switch, and usually more than one way to wire a lighting circuit.

Back
Top Bottom