• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Your Forum Needs You.

I think each d/d payment has an amount of fee. Got a feeling it's the same regardless of amount. So, if that's the case a quarterly payment of £15 would have less in fees than three one off payments of £5. I don't think one off standalone payments have a fee.

Still, the option is there now, hopefully it will be useful. 🙂
That's good to know Sandy, I will be going for the quarterly option to maximise the Forums share. :thumbsup:

Erm Sandy, it seems to have converted my last one-off donation and now says that I purchased a £10 per month donation, what gives? I obviously did not have a monthly donation setup since that wasn't even available at the time.

Well my preference would most probably be a one off donation, but think the direct debit gives the admin more security of knowing what is coming in, so will most probably go down that route..
Currently on the phone and can't see the various time scale options🤔😩.. I'll come back to it on the lappy and see if that makes any difference..
I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place.. Ie donate.. From the menu 🙄

Erm Sandy, it seems to have converted my last one-off donation and now says that I purchased a £10 per month donation, what gives? I obviously did not have a monthly donation setup since that wasn't even available at the time.
Honestly? Not a clue.... It shouldn't have done that. From what I'm reading, you should have an email when a direct debit comes due, and you can cancel it...but I don't see why it should alter something you did before that was even set up.

Well my preference would most probably be a one off donation, but think the direct debit gives the admin more security of knowing what is coming in, so will most probably go down that route..
Currently on the phone and can't see the various time scale options🤔😩.. I'll come back to it on the lappy and see if that makes any difference..
I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place.. Ie donate.. From the menu 🙄

someone give me a hand :confused:
you click donate...and the options are so much from a drop down ...how do you choose the frequency, or am I having a senior moment:confused:

That there is the problem.

There's this...

Being the one off payment of your choice. It's in the drop down menu at the top once you click donate.

Screenshot_20231123-160241~3.png

That would be the button hilighted in red.

Or this...

Screenshot_20231123-160547.png

Which is the monthly direct debit. The list on that page gives the options. First few are monthly, then further down they are quarterly.

The two don't seem to be playing nice with each other at the moment. So, maybe best to hold off for a bit until we can sort out what's going on. As you can see, two separate systems.....

That there is the problem.

There's this...

Being the one off payment of your choice. It's in the drop down menu at the top once you click donate.

View attachment 440034
That would be the button hilighted in red.

Or this...

View attachment 440036

Which is the monthly direct debit. The list on that page gives the options. First few are monthly, then further down they are quarterly.

The two don't seem to be playing nice with each other at the moment. So, maybe best to hold off for a bit until we can sort out what's going on. As you can see, two separate systems.....
Don't get any of that when I click the donate tab..
Just this which is the old set up for a one of donation
20231123_170007.jpg

I'll do as you suggest and come back to it later👍

Hi sandy.... Remind me of the best way to go in terms of the forum benefiting from the donation more fully..
I seem to remember something about pay pal took a cut.. Does that apply to one off donations as well..
Ta..

It doesn't matter which method you choose to donate, they take their cut regardless :(

Well spotted, I missed that. I have had to remove the previous one off donors from the previous system as they remain attached to the donation options after editing them, I doubt the system would be able to request the money though as you have to agree to that during the first donation.

It doesn't matter which method you choose to donate, they take their cut regardless :(
Thanks Bryan.. I'd already decided to go with a regular debit.. But as you may have read that isn't an option for me atm when I'm clicking donate..
I just get the option of a donation with a drop down to say how much.. Nothing about frequency offered

Don't get any of that when I click the donate tab..
Just this which is the old set up for a one of donation
View attachment 440042
I'll do as you suggest and come back to it later👍
Aha. Yup....that's the on the original system, from the thumb at the top.of the page, or other folks donor badge.

The direct debit link is this one...

It's not in the original link....teething issues, like I say they don't play nice with each other.

when you say they take there cut why is that ..have I missed something 🤔 if I send someone some money as in this instance Big Sandy for the book I just bought of him ..surely he gets what I sent him ..or not …or am I having a brainless moment.

when you say they take there cut why is that ..have I missed something 🤔 if I send someone some money as in this instance Big Sandy for the book I just bought of him ..surely he gets what I sent him ..or not …or am I having a brainless moment.
Aye, "Friends and family". If you hadn't selected that, then PayPal take a cut.

Unfortunately not an option with what PayPal see as a business account. I think they do it when you move funds from PayPal to your own account too. PayPal is a business after all I suppose.

Unfortunately not an option with what PayPal see as a business account. I think they do it when you move funds from PayPal to your own account too. PayPal is a business after all I suppose.
So if this is run as a non profitable business .why do they take a cut …can’t the donated funds be collected differently..

And I thought I was having a bad week reading this lot it is you that needs a large brandy . I will be sorting my payment out at the end of the month

So if this is run as a non profitable business .why do they take a cut …can’t the donated funds be collected differently..
I think the only way is to be registered as a charity then they will leave you alone otherwise you are at the mercy of the modern world.
Honestly you need a masters degree in how not to get ripped off to deal with all this stuff.. .me I'm working on the portcullis and moat

Back
Top Bottom