• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Defender Rear Storage Boxes (For sale)

The boxes will be back soon:)

I'm just sorting out the next batch and promise to post up the details when they're available.

The boxes will be sold in a slightly different way this time - I'm going into business with the manufacturer so hopefully this will ensure a decent supply of boxes! :cool:

A website will be up and running soon and the boxes will be available to purchase online using Paypal - this means you can either pay by credit card, debit card or via your Paypal account if you have one.
The website will also have a gallery, featuring the finished boxes of all those people who generously donated photos (thanks guys - it's really appreciated)

The prices will be slightly higher than the forum ones we did originally. (These were produced at cost + a small fourm donation)
Saying that, I think the new pricing offers extremely good value for money, especially when compared with the alternatives currently for sale elsewhere.

Currently shipping will be for UK mainland only, however I'm trying hard to arrange a decent method of shipping internationally.

As soon as the first boxes are in stock, I'll fire up the website and post here to let you know.

I've been touting your boxes on LR4x4 - hopefully you'll get a few orders from there!;) One comment that comes up frequently is a desire for the hinge to be inboard so that they can be used in a pick up - can you make that an option (should be simple enough)?

I've been touting your boxes on LR4x4 - hopefully you'll get a few orders from there!;) One comment that comes up frequently is a desire for the hinge to be inboard so that they can be used in a pick up - can you make that an option (should be simple enough)?
agree with Snagger would make my life easer!

Since the boxes are supplied with the locks unfitted, that would be for the customer to sort out, but I'd imagine using the same hasps with one part on the body capping and the other part on the lid, or lockable sliding bolts on the lid to engage on body capping mounted catches (or a drilled hole) would work fine for pick ups. Those with hard tops and rag tops would probably want the standard hinge arrangement anyway.

As for the manufacture, the edges that nbormally have the hinges are single skinned, but along the front are folded and double skinned. However, since the rear edge is not going to gt clobbered because the body capping protects it, it should eb a simple variation to spot weld the hinge on the double-skinned side - by spot welding the hinge on the outside of the box, it'd offset the hinge so that rain water would tend to run down the outside more than if it was mounted inside the box. The lid would also be moved inboard a little, so the standard lid should clear the body capping. It won't look quite as pretty, but it would make the hinge easier to attach to a standard box (no special fabrication avoiding the folded lip required) and has a practical benefit.

Yes, Please count me in for two,will look great in the 110 TUM, and a coat of Nato green would look great with the bench seats in the rear on front of them..

I have a number of boxes currently being made up and the website is (almost) ready to go.
As soon as the boxes are done I'll post up the address/URL:cool:

Initially I'll have around 50 boxes in stock and 10 of these will be ones with "reversed" lids (for use in pickups)
As for locking these boxes, I'll leave that to your imagination:D

Back
Top Bottom