• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Defender Rear Storage Boxes (For sale)

Does anybody know if there are similar boxes available for a new 110 XS Utility? I'd like to have some side storage but unlike my old TD5 90 the sides are stepped and not flat, see pics. I had thought that these boxes would have been ideal, but I am now thinking that the fact the sides are stepped makes any side storage very difficult to fit. Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

• Pic2.png
    Pic2.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 104
  • Pic1.png
    Pic1.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 114
I'm still here!

All being well, the website will be up next week.
There was a "glitch" at the factory and production of the initial stock got delayed for a week.
I was there on Friday and can confirm that they are now back in production (pic attached)

I've also seen some of the new "reversed lid" boxes made for pickups. They turned out really will so will be on the menu next week!

Attachments

• DSCF6648.jpg
    DSCF6648.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCF6647.jpg
    DSCF6647.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 97
Hi Se7enup,

Web site looks great, I'd like a couple of 900mm boxes. Is collecting from you on a sat morn an option, or would you rather I just bought them online.

Sorry but collecting isn't really an option.
The boxes are now shipped direct from the factory using a "next working day" courier service, so buying online would be prefered.

The good news is, so far, since launching the website, we've had 100% success at getting the boxes delivered to the customer within 48 hours of them placing their order! (excluding weekends).
Deliveries had been a bit of a problem in the past, so I'm really happy the new service is performing so well.

As an aside who came up with the moniker 'Barebox' plus the Bear pic?

Looks like an Early Learning Centre toy box type creation and s*d all to do with a metal box for your off roader.

That or is there something sexual that comes to mind? Eeither way its a truly daft tag.

Does anybody know if there are similar boxes available for a new 110 XS Utility? I'd like to have some side storage but unlike my old TD5 90 the sides are stepped and not flat, see pics. I had thought that these boxes would have been ideal, but I am now thinking that the fact the sides are stepped makes any side storage very difficult to fit. Any advice appreciated.
That's a fair point. Se7enup, could you knock up a support which would act as a spacer between the front lip of these new wheel arches and the underside of the box? That should mean that 2007+ owners will be happy to buy these units as well as owners of older vehicles. A square C-section strip that can be bolted along the top
and bottom flanges with a few vertical stiffening folds made from the same galv steel sheet would do the job amply.

We don't have any immediate plans to do this.
However, in the near future, we're planning to get hold of a +2007 Defender for a bit of measure up to see what's possible.

do you have any plans for a box which fits across a 110 behind the rear seats in a T shape format possibly with internal dividers where the Tdrops down?

i would be very interested in one assuming the price is right.

Were thinking about a box that fits between the wheel arches.
Probably 2 versions, one with a normal vertical rear side and another that slopes the same as the bulkhead.

At the moment, were just seeing how the standard storage boxes sell.
If these start to sell in decent numbers, then we'll start introducing new models.
The prototype of the 110 storage "bin" is currently in production and I'm hoping to get my hands on it next week.

The boxes will be sold in a slightly different way this time - I'm going into business with the manufacturer so hopefully this will ensure a decent supply of boxes! :cool:

A website will be up and running soon and the boxes will be available to purchase online using Paypal - this means you can either pay by credit card, debit card or via your Paypal account if you have one.
The website will also have a gallery, featuring the finished boxes of all those people who generously donated photos (thanks guys - it's really appreciated)

The prices will be slightly higher than the forum ones we did originally. (These were produced at cost + a small fourm donation)
Saying that, I think the new pricing offers extremely good value for money, especially when compared with the alternatives currently for sale elsewhere.

Currently shipping will be for UK mainland only, however I'm trying hard to arrange a decent method of shipping internationally.

As soon as the first boxes are in stock, I'll fire up the website and post here to let you know.

Bloody hell 7, your price hike is almost as much as royal mail, was good at 2 for ~£100 but at £185 for 2 they are pushing my pocket too much!

The forum boxes were produced at less than cost. Neither myself or the factory made anything out of them (The only addition to the basic price was a small donation to the forum) .
In fact the factory was losing money on them, hence the reason for me stepping in to save production and to keep them going.

As for the price hike, steel prices have gone up, production costs have increased (the factory is making money on the boxes) , I pay for insurance, web hosting, admin costs, Paypal charges and VAT.
I also want to make a small profit from them, after all the time and effort I've put into designing and refining the boxes, and getting the business/website, paymentand delivery service up and running.
I think the boxes represent good value for money, especially when companies making similar style boxes are selling them for £200+ per box.

I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time:rolleyes:

the 110 load ones i would be interested in seeing a secmatic for. what i want in my mind is almost a kitchen worktop with internal storage whic goes over the wheel arches as well as into the load bay. i accept my needs are specific so im prepared to self mod one which would be suitable

Paul, are you talking about the storage "bins"?
If so, I'm hoping to get the first prototype next week.
At the moment, it really is just a prototype - I need to start cutting holes in my 110 to see if as a concept, the idea will work.
If it does, then hopefully I'll get them into production asap.

As soon as I've got the "bin" sorted, I'll post up some photos.

Hi there,

I am interested in one of your storage boxes. I need it to fit in the space between the front seats and the back seats of a Defender 90, 200. This woul go across the back behing the from passengers bulkhead, in a t shape, if this makes sense.

PLease either email me on [email protected] or 07792 728920 to discuss. I live in Hampshire so can drive to meet and discuss.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Saman

After a recent conversation with a friend of mine (who happens to own a fabrication company) we came up with a design for some storage boxes for the back of my Defender. These are designed to use all the available space above the rear wheel arches, while leaving the main load area untouched.
Yesterday morning I picked up the finished (prototype) boxes and am really chuffed with the results.
The boxes are of welded construction, made from galvanised steel and are supplied unfinished.
This way you can leave them in their galvanised steel finish, paint them or maybe get them powder coated.
We decided to make 2 sizes, a standard 900mm length for std Defenders and a shorter one (800mm) for use on the drivers side for Td5's (where the fuel filler is at the rear).

The best bit is, now that we have all the dimensions of the boxes programmed into his system, making more should be very straightforward.
As this is not his main business, the boxes will be produced on a batch basis.
I guess we would be looking for around 5/6 boxes per batch to make this worth his while.

Although my friend will obviously be covering his production costs, I'm not looking to make any profit from the boxes.
I will however donate a small percentage from the overall price of the boxes to help with the running costs of the lrukforums.com forum.

The boxes are provisionally priced at £45 each (for both the 900mm and the 800mm versions)
Custom length boxes will also be available (prices will need to be confirmed)
Delivery will be £10.50 (up to 2 boxes) for UK mainland only addresses

At the moment, I'm really just looking to see if there is any interest.
If so, I'll get a batch of boxes into production and hopefully take some orders.
I've attached a few photos of the prototype box to give you an idea of the size, construction and quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Saman, (and welcome to the forum)

At present we are only producing profiled storage boxes that fit on the rear wheel arches.
Please see the website for the models currently available.

Thanks,
Steve

After a recent conversation with a friend of mine (who happens to own a fabrication company) we came up with a design for some storage boxes for the back of my Defender. These are designed to use all the available space above the rear wheel arches, while leaving the main load area untouched.
Yesterday morning I picked up the finished (prototype) boxes and am really chuffed with the results.
The boxes are of welded construction, made from galvanised steel and are supplied unfinished.
This way you can leave them in their galvanised steel finish, paint them or maybe get them powder coated.
We decided to make 2 sizes, a standard 900mm length for std Defenders and a shorter one (800mm) for use on the drivers side for Td5's (where the fuel filler is at the rear).

The best bit is, now that we have all the dimensions of the boxes programmed into his system, making more should be very straightforward.
As this is not his main business, the boxes will be produced on a batch basis.
I guess we would be looking for around 5/6 boxes per batch to make this worth his while.

Although my friend will obviously be covering his production costs, I'm not looking to make any profit from the boxes.
I will however donate a small percentage from the overall price of the boxes to help with the running costs of the lrukforums.com forum.

The boxes are provisionally priced at £45 each (for both the 900mm and the 800mm versions)
Custom length boxes will also be available (prices will need to be confirmed)
Delivery will be £10.50 (up to 2 boxes) for UK mainland only addresses

At the moment, I'm really just looking to see if there is any interest.
If so, I'll get a batch of boxes into production and hopefully take some orders.
I've attached a few photos of the prototype box to give you an idea of the size, construction and quality.

Definitely interested in this concept. Any idea when you will be going into production?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom