• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

2008 TDV6

I’ve come to the conclusion that I may possibly have crossed some lines on the rear valve block.

I’ve removed the compressor (the rubber valve I’m on about is https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/112660064544 ), I’ve replaced it once, but had a check and it had massive holes in it already.

If I’ve removed the compressor, should all the corners empty of air? If so, then my early point about crossing the lines on the rear valve block is correct 😕

I’ve come to the conclusion that I may possibly have crossed some lines on the rear valve block.

I’ve removed the compressor (the rubber valve I’m on about is https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/112660064544 ), I’ve replaced it once, but had a check and it had massive holes in it already.

If I’ve removed the compressor, should all the corners empty of air? If so, then my early point about crossing the lines on the rear valve block is correct 😕

Hi

Thks for the link and understand now where ur coming from

Have enclosed a chart of what pressures the compressor should be outputting , if you’ve removed the compressor u could fit a pressure gauge to see what the pressure is

There are 3 x valve blocks and when power isn’t applied they will slam shut

Will find u a diagram of the rear valve block and where the pipes go, using a dumpy spanner will help u remove it

Alas I tried to rebuild my air compressor , ended up buying a new one , needed to rebuild virtually my entire suspension system but was in a terrible state

Happy to help and walk u through it if u would like me to

Hope it helps

Gstuart, thanks for all your help so far.

To say I'm getting frustrated with this problem now is an understatement - I'm splitting my time in the evenings between this, and house renovating, and to say it's not starting to get to me would be lying. But I'm determined to get to the bottom of it.

Rant over, I don't think the valves are the problem now - have managed to release all the air from the system now, and both the front and back sit on the bump stops.

Current heights read;
-84 -65
-143 -143

Current calibrations read;
220 194
227 224

As soon as it sat on the bump stops it popped up with a new error - C1A75-65, something to do with rear right height sensor. At this moment in time, I cannot figure out if this means the height sensor is knackered, or just needs calibrating.

Needless to say, at the moment, the car will not raise!

Gstuart, thanks for all your help so far.

To say I'm getting frustrated with this problem now is an understatement - I'm splitting my time in the evenings between this, and house renovating, and to say it's not starting to get to me would be lying. But I'm determined to get to the bottom of it.

Rant over, I don't think the valves are the problem now - have managed to release all the air from the system now, and both the front and back sit on the bump stops.

Current heights read;
-84 -65
-143 -143

Current calibrations read;
220 194
227 224

As soon as it sat on the bump stops it popped up with a new error - C1A75-65, something to do with rear right height sensor. At this moment in time, I cannot figure out if this means the height sensor is knackered, or just needs calibrating.

Needless to say, at the moment, the car will not raise!

Hi

I can imagine as I know when I rebuilt mine it can be frustrating

Height sensor may just be out of calibrarion but wouldn’t stop it raising

Does the air compressor run at all. If it doesn’t u may have a broken wire behind the front passenger wheel arch, it’s behind the arch liner where 3 x plugs are located

The compressor may be knackered regardless if you’ve repaired it ,

When the suspension is in normal height , from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arches it should be

Front 465mm
Rear 485mm

See how u get on with ur compressor first and then go from there

With gap iid diagnostics u can see what pressure the system is running at , or if u remove the compressor install a pressure gauge to see what the output is to prove it’s working 100% , need to make sure the compressor is sound before going any further

Plse let us know how u get on

I’m planning on restoring the settings to a backup before I started messing with settings. See if that helps at all.

Compressor runs for a second or so, then cuts out with the height sensor error. Prior to me getting it down to the bump stops, the gallery pressure was 1000kpa+

I don’t have a pressure gauge, but do have EAS Control will try and take a look tonight at pressures.

I’m planning on restoring the settings to a backup before I started messing with settings. See if that helps at all.

Compressor runs for a second or so, then cuts out with the height sensor error. Prior to me getting it down to the bump stops, the gallery pressure was 1000kpa+

I don’t have a pressure gauge, but do have EAS Control will try and take a look tonight at pressures.

Hi

Hopefully between all of us can resolve the issue

Pressure should be 1781 Kpa and indeed will be great if u get the pressures via ur EAS reader

Surprised height sensor knocked the compressor off , do u have the facility to recalibrate ur suspension height as if u have to replace a height sensor they need calibrating

Think therefore as that rear height sensor keeps throwing an error will be to replace it, but check the wiring to it first to ensure it’s sound , alas though there could be a wire issue tucked away and the height sensor is fine,

Have u checked the height sensor to ensure the small arm is still attached to it and terminals aren’t dirty

But before doing anything I would set ur suspension height in normal front and rear so u know that’s 100% first

There is further height sensor wiring on the passenger side near the rear wheel, there is a large connector there and also behind that front wheel arch liner

Know it’s a royal pain but had to do the same with going through all the connectors bit by bit and test each line for leaks, but mine was in a right mess

U may have to resolve the height sensor first if the compressor keeps knocking off so which, that’s got to be sorted out to prevent the error coming up

Plse let us know how things go , know that’s not much help to u really

EAS Control took a backup prior to me messing with settings. All has been restored, and I have managed to get the car to raise slightly. Height sensor error seems to have disappeared and it is now throwing a different error message C1A13-64 - Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery.

I've looked at so many webpages now, they're all blurring in to one. I'm pretty sure my compressor is a Hitachi one - no ideas on if it is original or not. I have noticed that there is a bit of a kink in the larger airline pipe that goes in to the motor end of the compressor assembly. Surely that wouldn't have that much of an impact? I will add that I dont believe the rear pipework is all original - I dont think LR would have used blue piping?

Last edited:
EAS Control took a backup prior to me messing with settings. All has been restored, and I have managed to get the car to raise slightly. Height sensor error seems to have disappeared and it is now throwing a different error message C1A13-64 - Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery.

I've looked at so many webpages now, they're all blurring in to one. I'm pretty sure my compressor is a Hitachi one - no ideas on if it is original or not. I have noticed that there is a bit of a kink in the larger airline pipe that goes in to the motor end of the compressor assembly. Surely that wouldn't have that much of an impact? I will add that I dont believe the rear pipework is all original - I dont think LR would have used blue piping?

Hiya

Sounds like the previous calibrarion allowed the height sensor to go out of range or not within its parameters at the correct height

Assume the compressor is stuffed , hitachi were the original ones, then the later ones are AMK, I’ve got a Dunlop on mine

Basically the exhaust valve is sticking or stuck , can use some silicone grease if you’ve already changed it

Kink won’t be good if it goes from the compressor to the reservoir valve block

Plus here’s a link ref ur fault code

to rule out the silencer isn’t blocked just pull the tubes out the right hand side of the air compressor

Trouble is as the compressors age they wear out , I tried repairing mine and gave up in the end , if it’s the original it would be worth replacing it , unfortunately there can be other faults , seeing there are a lot of components within the suspension system it’s a case of going through it step by step

Hope that’s helped but always plse feel free to ask anything else and will help u all I can

Right, took the two pipes out of the right of the compressor and the faint disappeared.

I did get a different error; C1131-92 air supply. I’m assuming that is an air leak somewhere.

But first, think I need to sort out the gallery?! Starting to clutch at straws.

Right, took the two pipes out of the right of the compressor and the faint disappeared.

I did get a different error; C1131-92 air supply. I’m assuming that is an air leak somewhere.

But first, think I need to sort out the gallery?! Starting to clutch at straws.

Hi

Enclosed a picture so it makes more sense for u of what those 2 x pipes are for

Ur see two pipes , one goes through the silencer and the other is the inlet filter that sits inside the left hand side boot storage locker as u look at the boot

Check ur filter in the boot, looks like a black canister , has 2 x filters inside

Indeed I know u can get in a muddle , first things first , ensure the filter in the boot is clear

Then Need to ensure the compressor is providing the correct pressure

What EAS tool do u have please, I can then see what’s it’s capable of

Once we’ve established the compressor is providing the correct pressure can move onto the rest of the system

Hope that’s helps

Evening,

Appreciate all your help so far gstuart, I really do.

The last error message I posted was brought on entirely for me - after spending hours, I finally sussed that on the reservoir valve block, I had incorrectly attached the rear valve block connection (7) and reservoir connection (6) - I swore at myself a lot for this.

Now the car raises nicely, however, it still gets stuck in extended mode. I also saw a new error message of C1A05-92(2E) - Rear Left Height Sensor. Now before I started looking at the height sensor, I decided I would have a quick test of the valves via EASControl, and I was able to raise the rear, I was able to individually raise and lower the rear right, and could raise the rear left independently. However, I was completely unable to lower the rear left, or able to lower the rear together.

Now, do we think that I need to get the rear valve block off again? I'm tempted to do it tomorrow, before looking too much in to error C1A05-92(2E), as I think this might have been thrown up because of the inability to lower that corner?

I'm back with another update!

Took the rear valve off, took it apart (out of curiosity) and the middle piston was stuck due to old dissident. Replaced the valve block with a spare, and hay-presto, the rear left corner now lowers as it should.

I have also calibrated the car, and it is level both sides, front and back, and the height reads spot on as it should in normal mode.

The car raises from access to normal and from normal to off-road height perfectly.

However, lowering the car is still causing some issues. It keeps attempting to go to extended height, and I'm not sure why. I can by-bass it by keep pressing down on the switch and it will eventually lower, but it does throw up one of two error messages - C1A13-64 or C1A18-64.

I am so close to having this up and running now. But I'm running out of ideas. I still think there could be a dodgy height guage? The heights on EAS are telling me Front L 55, Front R 35, Rear L 56, Rear Right 36.

Any ideas?

I'm back with another update!

Took the rear valve off, took it apart (out of curiosity) and the middle piston was stuck due to old dissident. Replaced the valve block with a spare, and hay-presto, the rear left corner now lowers as it should.

I have also calibrated the car, and it is level both sides, front and back, and the height reads spot on as it should in normal mode.

The car raises from access to normal and from normal to off-road height perfectly.

However, lowering the car is still causing some issues. It keeps attempting to go to extended height, and I'm not sure why. I can by-bass it by keep pressing down on the switch and it will eventually lower, but it does throw up one of two error messages - C1A13-64 or C1A18-64.

I am so close to having this up and running now. But I'm running out of ideas. I still think there could be a dodgy height guage? The heights on EAS are telling me Front L 55, Front R 35, Rear L 56, Rear Right 36.

Any ideas?

Hi

Great news you’ve made some progress

May i ask please how are u taking the measurements , with a tape measure or from a diagnostic reader display please

Thks and don’t worry we will get there and will help all I can

Ref ur fault codes , that may be indicating a worn compressor or leak

Other code is resevour filling to fast , indicating leak

Does it drop overnight plse

Will take it one step at a time with the heights and we can then go from there

Thks

I finally gave in and the compressor has been replaced!

Heights mentioned above were from diagnostics tool. But all measures fine by tap too.

There is no drops overnight!

I finally gave in and the compressor has been replaced!

Heights mentioned above were from diagnostics tool. But all measures fine by tap too.

There is no drops overnight!

Hi

Happy days and at least u then know the compressor is all done

If the calibration is ok, heights on par, checked the height sensor wiring then it will be a faulty height sensor

Ur have to recalibrate the suspension when replacing height sensors , plus they are handed from left to right

Have u rescanned it after the compressor has been replaced to see what fault codes keep coming back after being cleared

Know these are complicated vehicles, where u can replace one item and brings up another fault

Plse keep us updated

Back
Top Bottom