• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

2020 defender

J77 said:
According to CEO Adrien Mardell it will arrive in 2027 on the EV only EMA platform, built at the new UK factory, likely to be called Defender Sport

Just an Autocar image so don’t expect it to be like this though they have said it will be boxy.

normal_IMG_0399.jpg

Oh how history repeats itself 🤔
I was going by the image they showed, so much like the original Freelander.
The problem is, all the manufacturers are making their products "prestige or Premium" as they make more profits, but the majority of people can not afford those vehicles. Have they sat and realised yet that is why Dacia is becoming one of the biggest sellers across Europe, i honestly now would always look at a Dacia 4x4 before a Land Rover because of cost alone. I need a everyday working car that does not cost a fortune to fix, that you don't worry about when off road.

Having watched that it sounds to me like you need a full back up vehicle with a vast amount of spares and a very knowledgeable person to fix yours when it breaks down .love it when you open the doors to much it flattens the battery …oh and a lap top ..

I believe it is not mechanical things or rust that is going to consign vehicles to the scrapheap but electronics.
Before long there are going to be lots of perfectly good cars with no rust, no dents, good engines and boxes which are scrapped because an electonic gizmo has gone tits...
I think its happening already. Already most cars being scrapped have no rust, an unimaginable situation compared to say the 1960's or 70's.

I think its happening already. Already most cars being scrapped have no rust, an unimaginable situation compared to say the 1960's or 70's.
To quote my nearest garage when I popped in to see if they could/would replace the rear crossmember on to Miffy:

"Oh no, we sold our welder four years ago. We only do basic maintenance and MOTs now. Not worth the time and money to fix modern cars"

See what he means, would you want to weld anywhere near a modern vehicle with the plastic trim and complexity of wiring looms as they are these days...

When I tried to sort my 30 year old Merc out I found they had all got rid of their older diagnostic kit too. Just a computer to plug in now. If it needs actual diagnosis as opposed to reading a screen it seems they are not interested.

Was at Eastnor Castle recently. The instructor mentioned that they had seen quite a few SVX prototypes there, they work hand in hand with the engineering team developing the car. Apparently it employs lots of clever new mechanical and electronic innovations that are different to the regular car, resulting in even more extreme off-road capability. Some of these improvements may flow down to regular models over time.

Back
Top Bottom