• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

....and today you have purchased???

I replaced the Leisure battery on the van last year, it was original to the vehicle too. From 1997! As was the spare tyre....which I replaced pretty pronto.

Today I are bought a new shutz gun, as somebody seems to have borrowed my original one, which I bought in 2014. (This is why I don't lend folk things any more)

Same gun now costs £16 compared to the £9 it cost in 2014.

lesson there is never lend money or tools...especially to friends ...
Learned that.....a couple years back. I got very tired of "Sandy, can you help with....Can you do this for me...can you fix this?" I have always helped out, never asked for anything in return.

Until, some time back I did myself some damage, and asked said 'friends' if they could help out, but no.. all 'too busy'.

I help no-one any more, and consider that I have no friends. Apart from you lot.

Learned that.....a couple years back. I got very tired of "Sandy, can you help with....Can you do this for me...can you fix this?" I have always helped out, never asked for anything in return.

Until, some time back I did myself some damage, and asked said 'friends' if they could help out, but no.. all 'too busy'.

I help no-one any more, and consider that I have no friends. Apart from you lot.
Yeah it's sad now many people are takers isn't it?
Mate's son in law is the most useless dollop I have ever met. He needed a hand with moving a washing machine and a dishwasher from the garage into the kitchen. I think there were 4 of us turned up to help him. He never quite got there in time to lift anything, yet somehow managed to be behind us when any doors needed opening or holding out of the way. Until we got into the kitchen, I was trying to lift the dishwasher into position and whilst it wasn't heavy it was just too smooth/shiny to lift by myself. I asked him to give me a hand. Dearie me, the amount of puffing, groaning and blowing coming from him you would have thought it weighed as much a a Land Rover 2.6 straight six.
Then he stands there hopping from one foot to the other asking how the various hoses fit. Don't think he was too happy with "you're a clever lad, I'm sure you'll work it out"

I didn’t purchase anything but did weigh in my scrap this morning no steel but copper pipe,brass fittings,electric cable and one old landy battery and severn motorbike batteries I got £274 not bad for bits which could have easily been thrown in the bin
I pickup scrap car batteries if I see them,each one is £8 to £10. Surprising how many people throw them out,plus odds & ends of brass, copper. Mainly from DIY jobs then do a run,to scrap merchant when there's enough. Pays for a nice meal,tank of fuel or a night out on the piss 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

New Varta battery for my mums car.
Fitted it today too. Had a heck of a job getting the old battery out as it had no handles on it. Looked like you'd need a special tool to remove it.

Sounds specific...
Probably better off buying a 'universal' one that can lift any type or size..?
Not that you will probably need it very often, but handy to have...

Fortunately most of the batteries I have to deal with have their own handles. Not sure if I'd trust a strap like that to lift a tractor battery. They are quite considerably heavier than an ordinary car battery.

Looked like you'd need a special tool to remove it.
You need the patented redneck battery carrier, keeps your hands warm too.

Screenshot_20240417-144818.png

Be careful with old battery's one snapped it's handle,fell broke casing & spewed it's acid last year. Luckily didn't get any on myself,had a bucket handy to carry it in. Surprising heavy things all the lead inside.

Back
Top Bottom