• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

....and today you have purchased???

I bought Life Hammers, velcro straps to hold things in place when I kit the rear cabin out and an emergency rechargeable lantern (Klarus). Also tried to buy a pair of Fire Safety Sticks and holders today. Bloody expensive. But when you work out the cost of buying an extinguisher and annual checks and refills (and the mess they make if used) compared to a FSS with no maintenance, a shelf life of 15 years and no residue to clear up after use the initial cost works out quite favourably. Plus they are lighter and smaller than a traditional extinguisher and last much longer - 25, 50 or 100 seconds against 7 seconds for a 1kg extinguisher. But the cheapest supplier I found was out of stock. I'll call him in a couple of days to see if his order has arrived yet.

I bought Life Hammers, velcro straps to hold things in place when I kit the rear cabin out and an emergency rechargeable lantern (Klarus). Also tried to buy a pair of Fire Safety Sticks and holders today. Bloody expensive. But when you work out the cost of buying an extinguisher and annual checks and refills (and the mess they make if used) compared to a FSS with no maintenance, a shelf life of 15 years and no residue to clear up after use the initial cost works out quite favourably. Plus they are lighter and smaller than a traditional extinguisher and last much longer - 25, 50 or 100 seconds against 7 seconds for a 1kg extinguisher. But the cheapest supplier I found was out of stock. I'll call him in a couple of days to see if his order has arrived yet.
Id only ever use co2 gas extinguisher,powder is messy & not nice to breathe 🤮
Don't exactly need to be checked every year,gas is in liquid form so can't expire. I have 2 in my garage, easily 20+ years old still full up.

.... powder is messy & not nice to breathe
True. About a year ago an old Powder extinguisher we were storing fell over. I was deep inside a 40' container at the time when this thing went off just inside the doorway. Filled the container - very nasty stuff to breath and made a right mess of the stock in the container.
I don't like using CO2 extinguishers in enclosed spaces for obvious reasons. For me it is more about weight, size and longer usage time.
Most of my extinguishers have been scavenged from the tip recycling centre... people dump them as they are out of date, but they will likely be fine for many years, especially the ones with a pressure gauge still in the green...
We had over 40 extinguishers on site. Foam refills are fine to service and recharge. It is not economic to do this with powder extinguishers. The cost of servicing is similar to the new cost. Date expired powder extinguishers just get replaced. Stopped buying them in the end. We had loads of these saved (hence one getting knocked over as above) to do joint fire exercises with the Fire Brigade. They refused to use expired extinguishers because apparently there have been instances of old stock bursting/exploding.
Take care what you scavenge.

Got an Optimil set of door hinges (front & rear door along with bonnet & windscreen blocks

IMG_5608.jpg

New Ape racing bars an oil filter & a little gasket for the bike.
The bars are shock absorbing,they pivot against interchangeable elastomers. These have come direct from China, hopefully get them fitted soon.
IMG_20240419_173801647.jpg

i am lucky i still have a nhs dentist so it only cost £26. next 6 month check is august 2025 shows how bad it is to get to see them.
Had an NHS dentist remove a tooth,they didn't even try to save it. Few years later had another root canal,cost me over a £1000 private ! But they did save the tooth, money well spent I think so. Now I'd like an implant where the,bodger NHS left a gap 🙄 they ain't cheap

Dont get me started on dentists... I broke 4 teeth gritting them in pain from the cancer treatment. So rang round no one taking on NHS patients.

Paid for private check-up, gave me an NHS referral as he said too risky to do in practice and must be done in hospital. NHS then made referral to private dental hospital for work to be done as they didn't have available dentist. Several weeks later went to private hospital and the teeth were pulled out by an NHS dentist who was working under the private hospital a few days a week as there was no NHS work at the hospital as they only deal with A&E dental work. I had no choice other than take the teeth out. Another tooth I had needed a filling - no choice pull it or see what happens.

You literally couldn't make up the shit show that is the UK dental system. I dread to think how much money was handed about between dentists and private sector.

bet you could get your wang tucked and a set of DD's on the NHS no problem.

Todays purchase was a pretty much complete black leather interior for my currently tundra green cloth seat D2.
It will shortly be swapped out for the black leather interior…yaaay…will look much better with the silver paintwork I think.

Anyone want a nice clean set of green cloth seats door cards etc?

A new needle gun. Well, rather, a new needle gun attachment for my air hammer. Can't find the old needle gun. 🤔 Which is odd, as all the air tools are in the same place.

Back
Top Bottom