• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

....and today you have purchased???

Today I collected the door cards ,reupholstered in military green. 11 pieces altogether. Here is the one for the rear door with storage pockets
20240427_103643~2.jpg
the total cost for these and the 8 pieces for folding seats/bed setup is the princely sum £176. Which was nice 😉
IMG-20240312-WA0002.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20240312-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240312-WA0002.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 13
A spray can (from Halfrauds) of this stuff:-

Nitromors-Satin-Finish-Metal-Paint-Black-250ml.png

I'm in the process of tarting up the Freebie in time for this years Gaydon Land Rover Show (https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/whats-on/gaydon-land-rover-show)

For some insane reason I decided to be part of the general display so :-
a) the Muddymods Rock Sliders need a fresh coat over the rust.....
and
b) the mild steel sheet I've used to modify the front of the steel Undertray was also a pretty brown colour... No more!!

Not seen this particular NitroMors stuff before, so thought I'd give it a try.

Beech I believe, based upon info from the Air Rifle forum upon which I enquired

It is beautifully smooth after sanding from fine, 320, 400 800, 1200 and then wire wool.

Coat 5 of oil now.
They used to say one coat of oil per day for a week,
Then one coat of oil per week for a month and then one coat of oil per month for a year, all rubbed in by hand, it supposedly brought the finish up like glass,

Back
Top Bottom