• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

UK Back In The Day Green Laning Photos

Geobloke

Posting Guru
Well in the Wayfarer thread I suggested beginning a photo thread on green laning adventures of old, the photos can be from any green lane in the UK and they must be old ones, no I just popped out last night photos. We want dirty driving by the seat of your pants photos...

It'd be good to know where they were, but no worries if not... so post away...

These are some of mine from 2006/7 and are all from the lanes around Glyn Ceiriog and Llangollen, incl. V-gulley, Corwen car wash and the Wayfarer. The vehicle of choice was my 1992 200TDi Defender 90 called Eva. Ahhhh we had some times... :)

DSCF0017.JPGDSCF0029.JPGDSCN0421a.jpgIM001112.JPGIMG_8369.JPGIMG_8375.JPGIMG_8376.JPGIMG_8400.JPGIMG_8430.JPG

Trip up to 'the lost lake'

Epic trip with some extreme weather (especially for those that chose to do it in, a roofless/screenless/door less lwt lol

C 2011

Ahhhh lost lake... I know that one as one way lake... used to have a super cross axle washout along it and a super place to camp for the night šŸ¤ 

Hartington quarry, or Biggin depending where you from lol.
Buxton LRC still uses the site to this day.

I used it a few times when we used to do the Derbyshire weekends at the Bull In Thorn.

:thumbsup:

Hartington indeed....

Some fab times there.... Including a drunken midnight exploration of the, offroad course and the small tunnel at the back...

Ended up coming up in farmyard/caravan park over the road in front of the farmer lol....

The, joys of cooking curry in a muddy field for 60 odd folks

IMG_20210430_195141.jpg

IMG_20210430_195120.jpg

Hartington indeed....

Some fab times there.... Including a drunken midnight exploration of the, offroad course and the small tunnel at the back...

Ended up coming up in farmyard/caravan park over the road in front of the farmer lol....

View attachment 252941

View attachment 252942
The bloke standing centre stage, wtf........

Hartington indeed....

View attachment 252941

View attachment 252942
Please please tell me thatā€™s not you in the grey undies šŸ¤£
Lookes a fun time ..

11 years back.....
On the, Yorkshire wolds
Including a lane that forever became known as 'The Darian gap'

Thereā€™s some lovely old landys in this video.Iā€™ve never been up as far as this in mIne lookes a good venture sometime .thank god for video just to go back in time to see the fun we all had ..great stuff

Funny when you see series land rovers in action like these it lookes a lot longer than 11 years ago ...all very capable I must say ...really enjoyed these ..šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰
Be great to get together everyone and go on an adventure..šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

Back
Top Bottom