• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Branded Forum Merchandise??

Lighting90

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, doing some research, now we have the stickers, which are fine, and selling along nicely, but the question is, would you the forum users like to be able to buy other merchandise to help support the forum and let others know your on the forum?

We have sold tee shirts in the past, so that may be an obvious one to add to the list, so please comment below if there are other things you guys would like to buy.

We are also open to other suggestions as well, we are needing to look at other options for raising funds as well as the welcome donations to help pay the monthly server payments now we have moved to a nice sparkly server. (We can offer web space on the server if anyone is interested, whether for business or personal blogs etc or even if you wish to start a forum we can help with that also, drop me a line and we can discuss it. (just adding, I would not be admin or have access to any website/forum anyone wishes to start))

Once I get a list of products I may start a poll to develop some market research, before we go looking at getting the items produced... (and we will need to think of a possible design for them as well)

Last edited:
Thermal anti spill mugs are a good idea, not too expensive and something I would buy.

I always think clothing is more hassle than its worth, different sizes and stock etc. Beanie hats maybe, although we're already into winter so maybe a bit late for this year.

A good quality sew on badge might be a thought? Folks can pop them on hats, coats, jumpers whatever they choose.

+1 for Beanie hat
+1 for Sew on Badge
Branded moisture absorber for us misted up series owners
Something child orientated - pens - pencils - model to build .
Thinking wider for sales outside the forum - there are some stunning photographs on the forum . Would it be possible to get them into a book maybe with a short write up about where , when etc .

Thinking wider for sales outside the forum - there are some stunning photographs on the forum . Would it be possible to get them into a book maybe with a short write up about where , when etc .
It is a great idea, but who does the work for it. This is a problem we have at present is finding someone to help with such projects as this, and the likes of the landywave magazine, (Currently have one article written by a forum member, it is top and tailed but was trying to find time to write more for it before publishing), doing such as product reviews, helping with news stories etc... we as a forum could do a lot more if anyone was able to find a little time to help out. Feel free to message me if anyone wants to play a more active role in the forum.

The thing to remember is that anyone who helps out on a regular basis can put it on their CV, anyone doing tasks like writing regular stores for Landywave for instance, we would be more than happy to write references for any job applications.

Not wishing to put a dampener on this debate but branded stuff can be a real problem and costs loads. If the aim is to build funds for the forum operation then I think the outlay on branded kit will defeat the object.

We did it at the sailing club, t shirts baseball hats, mugs etc. The first time we had a batch made up with the logo sewn on but still ,years later, have many of the smaller sizes left. Still have a load of the mugs too, the baseball hats went. Basically from a financial position they are now written off stock.

The second time it was tried the supplier had updated (we have a local work wear place) and now have our logo in their sewing machine computer. So now we order to order in small numbers and they are done quickly. They can put our club logo on virtually any item - sewn or pvc insignia.

Stickers - There was a lot of interest on this forum for the bumper/screen stickers when @Guitar Mick got the excellent design sorted. I had 100 made at my local printers but only 40 have gone so far and I have nearly 50% of my outlay back, so not earning the forum anything yet. I am happily continuing to deal with the stickers, payment via Paypal works well.

By the by, The best baseball hats I have had for some years have come from the Santa Pod track shop - use one for sailing and another around.

Good points there @Grid Man, capital outlay is a huge problem and as you rightly point out you end up with your ‘profit’ tied up in dead stock.
The answer is to find a way to produce as needed, so no stock holding. Like you, I have been Quatermaster for various clubs and all have ended up with unsaleable stock and potential profit tied up.

Back
Top Bottom