• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Branded Forum Merchandise??

So to protect the forum could we ask for commit to buy once we’ve got a list of merchandise and only order what we have orders for ? I suppose it’ll depend on what the minimum order for production would be ?
Could we get some idea of likely demand by publishing a shortlist of items and ask for an intention to buy, yes or no. This would lets us see what the demand actually is and in what sort of quantities. Then we would need to find someone on the Forum prepared to put a lot of time and effort (for free).......any takers?

I think there are suppliers of certain items (Im thinking mugs and tees/clothing) who will supply to order.
Its possible to buy one-off mugs with photos etc on as gifts, so ought to be possible to buy in very small batches (Vistaprint do them).
I was setting up a website selling tees a few years ago and a local supplier was willing to let me order when required - he would keep the pattern on his computer and it was no more work to product one or several in the required size/colour combination.
Embroidery places will often charge to create the computer file and then charge per-item. A lot of cleaning companies use this method to get their logos onto overalls etc.

Could we get some idea of likely demand by publishing a shortlist of items and ask for an intention to buy, yes or no.
We did this in the past with tee shirts. It works, but was very long winded. If I mind right, at the time, price was dependant on the size of the order, so we had a ball park figure. We got a price which was higher and several who said they wanted a tee then backed out. We still went ahead though, and made a loss.

We also produced a few hundred vinyl stickers, everybody said they liked the design (admittedly not as good as the current one) and then more folk said they didn't like the design... (it was green and yellow, with a SI on one side, a new Range Rover on the other and. .... LRUK Forum, from here, to here... on it.) Didn't cover costs, and now we have a new Web address, totally useless anyway.

Things we all use:-

Mugs
Baseball caps
Tee's
Key rings
Pens
Patches (sew on type)

Problem is, as always, initial outlay and then hanging on to stock. Which is where @mikeau's idea about using companies who will produce single items would work... However, if you can copy a design, you can produce your own single item, bypassing the original. I know, none of you would do that... But I'll be honest, I've seen it done, and heard people say they would do that to save the £1that the forum put on top, totally defeating the purpose!

I/we are greatly appreciative of the time and effort both @Guitar Mick and @Grid Man put in to the production of the stickers, and are really pleased with the end result. It's just a great shame there are so few takers! Kind of proves the point though.

I appreciate the fact the forum is free and doesn’t have adverts but would gladly pay for what I get out of it .

PayPal for me is a faff (I don’t have a PayPal account and don’t want one)

I do wonder if there could be a voluntary direct debit scheme which could be a easier way to raise funds . Not sure what others think ?

maybe if we all donate twice a year???? ,
or what we can when we can ,
ill write a song for LRUK .. go busking and send the earnings .. 🎸 .👏 .💷 everey little helps :thumbsup:

I am trying to get a feeling of the sort of things you would buy as one of the options I have come across is a couple of merch places do the shop for us and make things to order, but needed to get a feeling to see what is wanted to see if it is a option to get going.

I appreciate the fact the forum is free and doesn’t have adverts but would gladly pay for what I get out of it .

PayPal for me is a faff (I don’t have a PayPal account and don’t want one)

I do wonder if there could be a voluntary direct debit scheme which could be a easier way to raise funds . Not sure what others think ?
We had a forum bank account, but the monthly charges went up over the years to the point it was taking too much money each month plus transaction charges. So just ended up sticking with the paypal option.

Happy to look at other options on this if anyone has had a good experience with a particular bank etc.

By the way you should not need a PayPal account to actually send money to the forum it should give the option to let you pay to the PayPal account via a debit or credit card.

Paypal can be quite handy, I prefer it for some stuff rather than entering card details on multiple sites. Also paypal credit is OK, as long as like any credit you pay it off and dont fall into the trap of paying interest. Also quite often you get interest free offers on purchases.

what about doing raffles ?..
They always sound easy to do, and legally not to bad at your local pub, school etc. The problem we have is that we are an online forum, therefore need to register with the gaming commission and all that it entails with regards to their rules and legal requirements plus fees as well. (To try and do it without registering is a criminal offence)

😎 Hmm.... so, taking onboard the above......

What I really want/need is a new lime green mankini like @erubus regularly wears around the place, I'll need the industrial gusset cos I'm getting on a bit now, cant have any escapages scaring the animals :eek:
Having the forum logo printed on the straps might be jolly, it'll certainly make me stand out in Aldi, no such thing as bad publicity and all that. I'd also perhaps like the logo on my baccy tin, it might look a bit much with the one on the kini* but, nice to have options

SO.......
How about a logo design, maybe something different to the sticker ? .... a competition perhaps, pay a small donation to enter ?.... the winning entry becomes the approved logo and can then be made into (eggshell knowledge) a PDF file (?) which can be bought from the forum for a small fee and used to print onto whatever the hell ya want ;)
Tea towels, bedsheets, a bum bag, the world is your mollusc. No 'stock' no post and packing>>> less admin ???

A potential way of raising forum funds could perhaps be something along the lines of a podcast or vlog on the youtubes... perhaps a 'channel' with contributions from forum members, maintainance how too's, adventure or rebuild diarys, maybe even some of the music featured on the what ya got in your player thread...... If done well enough it could/would attract viewers and >>>> advertising, for which the forum can get a payment. not vast sums perhaps but between us we have enough mobile phones/cameras/skills and enthusiasm to make an interesting space.... we do pretty well already with the threads on the forum !

Happy to be shot down in flames if all or any of that's a silly idea, it's been a looong day at work so it's nice to distract my mind with something else ! :D

*where do I keep a baccy tin when I'm in the mankini ? In the pockets of course !!! :rolleyes:

Paypal can be quite handy, I prefer it for some stuff rather than entering card details on multiple sites. Also paypal credit is OK, as long as like any credit you pay it off and dont fall into the trap of paying interest. Also quite often you get interest free offers on purchases.

Talking of which I just remembered I needed to top up for this years subscription contribution, I'd lost me little red banner, can't be having that :)

Just to confirm, you don't need a paypal account, it gives you the option to pay by card instead of logging into paypal. ;)

Talking of which I just remembered I needed to top up for this years subscription contribution, I'd lost me little red banner, can't be having that :)

Just to confirm, you don't need a paypal account, it gives you the option to pay by card instead of logging into paypal. ;)
just notied my little red banner gone too , ooooonoooo cannot be having that either :thumbsup:

😎 Hmm.... so, taking onboard the above......

What I really want/need is a new lime green mankini like @erubus regularly wears around the place, I'll need the industrial gusset cos I'm getting on a bit now, cant have any escapages scaring the animals :eek:
Having the forum logo printed on the straps might be jolly, it'll certainly make me stand out in Aldi, no such thing as bad publicity and all that. I'd also perhaps like the logo on my baccy tin, it might look a bit much with the one on the kini* but, nice to have options

SO.......
How about a logo design, maybe something different to the sticker ? .... a competition perhaps, pay a small donation to enter ?.... the winning entry becomes the approved logo and can then be made into (eggshell knowledge) a PDF file (?) which can be bought from the forum for a small fee and used to print onto whatever the hell ya want ;)
Tea towels, bedsheets, a bum bag, the world is your mollusc. No 'stock' no post and packing>>> less admin ???

A potential way of raising forum funds could perhaps be something along the lines of a podcast or vlog on the youtubes... perhaps a 'channel' with contributions from forum members, maintainance how too's, adventure or rebuild diarys, maybe even some of the music featured on the what ya got in your player thread...... If done well enough it could/would attract viewers and >>>> advertising, for which the forum can get a payment. not vast sums perhaps but between us we have enough mobile phones/cameras/skills and enthusiasm to make an interesting space.... we do pretty well already with the threads on the forum !

Happy to be shot down in flames if all or any of that's a silly idea, it's been a looong day at work so it's nice to distract my mind with something else ! :D

*where do I keep a baccy tin when I'm in the mankini ? In the pockets of course !!! :rolleyes:
Sooooo I think we are heading towards a 2021 “best in mankini” competition with an entry fee to support the forum , photos published on the forum and members to vote 🤔 how did we get here .....🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom