• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Buying Freelander 1

MollyNomad

First Gear
Hello Everyone

I am in the early stages of research into buying a Freelander 1 for my daughter. Looking to buy a later model and not particularly bothered if its petrol or deisel. I am looking for a car that doesn't require anything major doing to it as 'Mechanic of Dad' is usually working abroad. I can fix most things but gearboxes are out!

To that end I am asking for some 'sage' advice from those members who are 'in the know'(that'll be everyone on here!) as to what to look out for regards these vehicles. I would draw the line at a 1.8 litre K Series engined car as the 2.5 KV would be just too uneconomical for my daughter to run(and me to insure!!) I know about the head gasket issues on those engines so no probs there(for me at least). Advice on cam belts etc most welcome and anything else too.

Regards the deisel engined models are there any areas their I need to be aware of?

Generally I 'get' gearboxes but I have little interest in sorting them other than clutch servicing etc. Autoboxes I am wary of but open to all information. IRD's I've heard about but any info most appreciated.

I think that will do it for now.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Malcolm

PS...As I am 'BRAND NEW' to this forum I may end up finding any info in previous forums...pointers in that direction most welcome

Back
Top Bottom