• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Do you worry what will happen to your workshop stuff when you go.

I've taken to listing stuff on e-bay as "job-lot" and "collection only". This means you don't get much money but someone takes it all away and pays you a few £ for the privilege. Just sold 2 large crates of rusty Scalextric track (over 100 items) for £11 and its made me surprisingly happy as the buyer is collecting in the next day or two. This stuff has been in my way for 20 years and I know I'm never going to sit and clean it all. Last week I sold a suitcase full of Brio wooden track for £35 and again the real benefit was the feeling of liberation and knowing its going to someone who actually wants it. Best bit is you just lay it all on a blanket, take a dozen photos and say "as per photos". :thumbsup: Don't whatever you do forget to uncheck "post" like I did with the Brio, buyer paid the £7 but I had to lug an enormous 12kg box to the Post Office. Lesson learned!

i had not thought about this until i started reading this. havent got a clue what will happen to all my car stuff and tools. i hope i have a good few years left before thats a problem. as for the future i need two new knees i can still work on cars but struggle to get off the floor. the main thing at the moment is to get the 90 finished. when the 90 is finished i have been told no more rebuilds. when its finished a trip to the shetland isles then orkney is a possibility. to me it seems unlivable that i am 62 i still work full time and probably will for a few more years yet.

It does make you wonder how many of the next generation are going to be interested in Old tools ,land rovers etc doesn’t it .or literally anything vintage ,i know plenty of younger people at work all they talk about is ev this ev that ..never here anyone mention old stuff and how things used to be fixed instead of get a new one .unless that is there your kind of age .

Our Shunter in work is an old boy used to have a 110 funny enough .he has his dog that he goes hunting with .and makes walking sticks with carved handles and outdoor bits n bobs .goes fishing by himself or with the dog .certainly a generation thing .

Shame really the world is definitely changing ..😒

I've got so much "stuff" I dread to think how to deal with it all. My thinking though, is while I'm able enough to sort it and dispose/sell it off, I might still need it. When I decide it can all go, I'll not be able enough to do so. It will just have to be someone else's problem/jackpot.
I’ve been thinking about your post Cliff and just to help you out a bit I will have the Stage 1 …please don’t thank me .
Ohhh and complete I might add .🤭

I thought deacts all had to be registered after a recent law change and that to sell them on they need to be re-deactivated to a higher (more mangled and welded) standard than was previously required?..

We should all try to make the most of our 'here and now' time, Let me explain:

Over the years I've seen a few colleagues and family friends taken down by sudden illness, some in their 20's or 30's, and a couple of old school mates 🥺.
A few weeks earlier they would have been healthy and pursuing a hobby or pastime just like us...

When I think of all the near-misses I've had (in a 'sliding doors'/karma sort of way), it makes me appreciate how lucky I am to still be around!
So I try to make the most of my available time I have 'here and now', doing what I enjoy while I'm still healthy and able to do so.
Because you never know what could be round the next corner....🫠

Last edited:
I thought deacts all had to be registered after a recent law change and that to sell them on they need to be re-deactivated to a higher (more mangled and welded) standard than was previously required?..
that only applies if you want it too, whos going to be there when the deals done and old spec fetch a much higher price.

Not read through all this thread but saw the title and remember mentioning a similar thought going through my mind on occasion in previous threads... I've done a bit de cluttering but between my garage, workshop a the two lofts, they will get a shock when the time comes🤣
Hopefully my son will be able to use some of it but I've got bits and pieces I've made over the years that I don't even know what they were for now😳, but can't bring myself to ditch them..
A small, what used to be a bedroom has little bench mill and lathe installed🤣.. Among other bits and pieces🙄
20231027_150532.jpg
20220207_183212.jpg
20220208_153724.jpg
20211012_162723.jpg

I hope that's downstairs :lol: . Still cutting fluid stain on the carpet makes a change from cat's pee:eek:
This thread has motivated me so today I started on the chairs, 13 dug out the loft, carried down 2 flights of stairs, photographed and listed on e-bay as a job lot for£10.
They are not going back, its £10, the local charity or firewood next.
20240314_134317.jpg

I hope that's downstairs :lol: . Still cutting fluid stain on the carpet makes a change from cat's pee
It's upstairs👍🤣.. And I did give it a bit thought.. And the loads are well distributed👍.. The house is a build from the 1890's..the floor joists are 9"x3"..
And when I moved in there was a cast iron bath and panel that makes my lathe seem light😂..its been in for nearly 25 years so should be fine👍..
I quite like the smell of cutting fluid👍🤣
So that's fine as well

Back
Top Bottom