• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Do you worry what will happen to your workshop stuff when you go.

Not read through all this thread but saw the title and remember mentioning a similar thought going through my mind on occasion in previous threads... I've done a bit de cluttering but between my garage, workshop a the two lofts, they will get a shock when the time comes🤣
Hopefully my son will be able to use some of it but I've got bits and pieces I've made over the years that I don't even know what they were for now😳, but can't bring myself to ditch them..
A small, what used to be a bedroom has little bench mill and lathe installed🤣.. Among other bits and pieces🙄View attachment 525407View attachment 525408View attachment 525410View attachment 525409
WOW....OMG now thats what I call a workshop.....I take my hat off to you Sir.

WOW....OMG now thats what I call a workshop.....I take my hat off to you Sir.
It's been good and I've been lucky that I was allowed a room inside, but I've always said a regret was never having a proper workshop with room to work on vehicles.. A lift would have been nice..all a bit late now I feel..
Still it is what it is👍

The police don't have time to manage FAC and SGC in a timely manner so I really don't think anyone is monitoring the transfer of paperweights. I think that applies to movements after that legislation came into force and I've not bought one since. They changed the specs after the attacks in France used reactivated firearms. What they didn't say is that the specs they were deactivated to were very low, essentially take firing pin out. They were from somewhere in Eastern Europe, if I remember right.

Yep thats correct. The ‘deactivation’ was essentially easily reversible.
Anything done to uk standards that had been in force at that time,then the worst that would have happened is some sore heads from being thumped with paper weights.
Never let the facts get in the way of some pointless useless virtue signalling law making

Last edited:
How much did ebay take from you though? Did you get the money straight away?
I suspect the money will be held for a few days, but I'm over £600 up since the clear out began 2 weeks ago and there's still quite a few high ticket items yet to be listed. Some are weather dependent like the bicycle. I suspect I'll get £8 out of the £10 but I have a clear loft and I didn't need to drive anywhere which was the real objective. :thumbsup:
The ironing board that has been in the way for 5 years got collected yesterday for £1.28p and all I had to do was take it to the front door.:lol:

Having undertaken the difficult job of having to clear my sister’s home after she died, I came to the conclusion that I really wouldn’t want my wife or daughters to have to be too concerned about what should be kept / binned / sold.
Although I’m only 52 going on 53, reading about so many unfortunate buggers who have died in recent months in their 50s, prompted me to tell the wife to just stick the Landy in an auction and get rid. I like robwlondon’s idea of putting a red sticker on anything particularly valuable of say over £100.
I have no real concern or emotional attachment to any tools or parts in the garage, I just want as little trauma as possible for those I would leave behind and don’t want to leave behind a big problem for them to have to deal with.

I cleaned out my Mother's, with my sister. It was pretty sad and unpleasant task. So many things she held dear, neither of us wanted. I still have boxes of books (she was a librarian) that need sorting, apparently my nieces want them, but have no room to store them. When it comes to my stuff, I expect my kids to be pretty ruthless with tools etc, they have their own, better than mine mostly. the Landy itself, either son or son in law will take, they both appreciate it, it was used in both of their weddings. As to how long they keep it, once reality of ownership, storage etc. kicks in, not my concern.

Just boxed up 3 more e-bay sales. This is quite a positive reinforcing process and I'm looking at stuff and imagining how I could turn it into money. I'd put off moving a hugely heavy Craftmatic powered bed. These sell for nothing despite being very costly new; most owners die so its not a sellers market. Last week I was searching for ideas and found the parts are in high demand so I cut bed up, took off all the actuators, control, motors etc and one of this mornings sales is the first component. So I would have had to pay to have the bed taken away, now I got money for the steel scrap and the parts are listed at over £100 total with the first part sold for £15. The boxing is a right faff and it is a case of "think of the money" but since this thread started I've now topped £600 in sales of stuff.

Just boxed up 3 more e-bay sales. This is quite a positive reinforcing process and I'm looking at stuff and imagining how I could turn it into money. I'd put off moving a hugely heavy Craftmatic powered bed. These sell for nothing despite being very costly new; most owners die so its not a sellers market. Last week I was searching for ideas and found the parts are in high demand so I cut bed up, took off all the actuators, control, motors etc and one of this mornings sales is the first component. So I would have had to pay to have the bed taken away, now I got money for the steel scrap and the parts are listed at over £100 total with the first part sold for £15. The boxing is a right faff and it is a case of "think of the money" but since this thread started I've now topped £600 in sales of stuff.
Such a shame to have to do that....but if it keeps other going.

There is an accident damaged D2 on ebay at the moment that looks to be in loved and cherished (pre-accident) condition.
I bought a few trim parts from the seller.
Sadly for the owner the cost of repair and its subsequent value are way below what the D2 is worth parted out.
Must be heartbreaking to chop up a faithful old friend like that :sad:

I've had a 1950's wooden standard lamp with a huge shade for about 40 years. Never liked it. Motivated by this thread to take my own advice I listed it on e-bay. It sold for £15 and was collected yesterday. Since these lamps are awful I asked why he wanted it. He said he's converting it to battery LED for a 1950's theme garden party for a family member born in the 50s!

I'd like to think my stuff will go to people who will use it and/or benefit from it but in the end I guess I don't really care - I'll be dead. I have what I have to benefit me and to make ME happy. Once I'm in the ground it doesn't really matter any more...

My sentiment exactly there seriesG I’ve told my wife to morn me for a couple of weeks then to do as she wants as she does anyway 😀 I’ll be dead so it won’t matter to me 😀
I'd like to think my stuff will go to people who will use it and/or benefit from it but in the end I guess I don't really care - I'll be dead. I have what I have to benefit me and to make ME happy. Once I'm in the ground it doesn't really matter any more...

Back
Top Bottom