• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

UK Green Lanes

Anyone fancy a drive out this Sunday the 13th ā€¦.just around lenham maidstone or nearby if there are any lanes nearby .I havenā€™t a clue myself around these areas ā€¦šŸ‘

Anyone fancy a drive out this Sunday the 13th ā€¦.just around lenham maidstone or nearby if there are any lanes nearby .I havenā€™t a clue myself around these areas ā€¦šŸ‘
Unfortunately, I'm not around this Sunday otherwise this would be right up my street. Or should that be lane? :D

I can't make it but have cycled the North Downs way from east of Lenham to Thurham a couple of times recently. It's a bit overgrown in places, but not insurmountable IMO

Curiosity finally got the better of me and I used the byway from the NorthDowns Way at the junction of A20/A227. It emerges further up the A227 and helped remove some of them cobwebs!
We did pick up a bit of vegetation on the way.
PXL_20230813_152005900.MP~2.jpg

For me, this looks like a great day out green laning. I'll caviate that by saying I watched it without any sound, so I don't know what they were speaking about.

The modified 90 has 'cheese cutters', which I thought were illigal in the UK. That said, I didn't see a front plate on it either.

Some good camera angles too.

For me, this looks like a great day out green laning. I'll caviate that by saying I watched it without any sound, so I don't know what they were speaking about.

The modified 90 has 'cheese cutters', which I thought were illigal in the UK. That said, I didn't see a front plate on it either.

Looks a good video ..your right about there voices a we bit hard to understand in places ā€¦.
Bush cables as there called .are not illegal on the road but your advised not to use them when not needed ..I have them on mine but tuck them out the way after advise from a few guys on here ..ā€Iā€™m good like that šŸ™„ā€ not nice if you happen hit a person with one .possible horrific outcome ā€¦ā€¦

Anyway I put them on whilst green laning they certainly help with less body and window damage ..

Last edited:

Donā€™t know if you have seen this around 3 minutes in you can see how effective the wires are in use .this saved me damage Iā€™m sure ..
This lane is near folkstone..have you been here .

Last edited:
Donā€™t know if you have seen this around 3 minutes in you can see how effective the wires are in use .this saved me damage Iā€™m sure ..
This lane is near folkstone..have you been here .
I had seen that before, Paul, and I can see the benefits of the wires. Now I know what they're called I might look into getting some. I've done next to nothing in the way of green laning, but have already noticed the positioning of Morag's roof bar lights leaves them in a vulnerable position.

In the mid 80s I had an SJ410 while living in Aberdeen. That was fun to take off the beaten track, even if it wasn't as wide as a Land Rover.

Back
Top Bottom