• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Help - Landrover Injectorl Pump Problem

Quadra

In Second Gear
We have a G Reg Landrover Defender 90 2.5L TD.
Fitted is the CAV injector diesel pump that was leaking. Removed the top of the pump to replace the o-rings on the spindle. Uppon refitting we made sure everything went back into the same position. Diesel system has been bled and the engine will run on tick over with wide open throttle. When you remove your foot she stalls. Any ideas, please.

Hi zollaf,

I see your in Pembrokeshire, so are we!

We have connected the throttle arm leaver to the slide inside, and connected the spring from the govenor to the throttle arm as well as locating a small pin on the adjuster to the govenor. We have got the engine to run with wide open throttle, and if we move the govenor adjustments slightly it revvs up a little. As soon as we let the throttle go she stalls.

lush place to live is pembs :) have you put the throttle arm back in the right place on the spindle then.. ?? could be 180 degrees out ??

ok, so is the arm inside the right way round., there is something you have put back wrong so that full throttle gives you tickover, and less throttle is closing the governor, which to me suggests something is 180 degrees out. easy to do even when you take pics and measurements.
where in the county are you. ?
in fact a few months back i had to help a customer out with his 200 tdi, doen the same job, wouldnt start afterwards. he had managed to snap the max fuel lever off inside the pump ??? lord only knows why.. that ended up with another pump on it i had spare./

Yeah, that makes sense in a way as the throttle is doing nothing at all, we are checking some photos. We are in Milford Haven.

We just checked our photos and we have reassembled it exactly as it came apart from what we can see. Its weird as we can get her to start and when she does she tick over lovely at full throttle.
Could there be something we have not assembled correctly as we have put the top back on?

Back
Top Bottom