• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

On the bench.

20240414-111717.jpg

We're going on holiday tomorrow and the washing machine has started banging about badly, I thought it was bearings initially.

20240414-114012.jpg

Ah, that's probably the culprit right there. Just over £100 for the parts, I'd say worthwhile; I like this machine, it just washes the clothes and gives me zero gyp. I was forced to replace a dishwasher a year ago and the replacement isn't as good as the old machine. Fortunately this is one of the machines that has a split drum held together with big screws, a lot are sort of plastic welded and you can't really fix them.

Ahh - you've got a dead spider. :rofl:
I think my machine is failing on the control cam which is a bank of microswitches. The top gets very hot when it shouldn't so think the dryer element is stuck on. Either that or the thyristor is toasted. Ultimately I think I may have to replace parts in that, or make a kind of optical hybrid so there is less to physically wear out. Will stick a light on the front that will tell me when it is on for a start.
I use E-spares for most of my spares, but on last check they weren't stocking the filters anymore for my animal vacuum cleaner. I had to go hunting for a couple on ebay that came with other spare bits, but looks like the end may be neigh for that.

Currently got one of chinas finest 20k lb rhino winches on the bench. Was free but had been sold to a mate as “working, removed to replace with a hydraulic”

First issue was the earth stud that was so rotten it sheared as I jiggled the cable. Second issue was it didn’t seem to have any drive. Tracked the issue down to the motor coupling, which of course being Chinese is nowhere near available and it’s just different enough to warn etc as to not be bodgeable! Managed to salvaged the splined end to press for into a new billet one from some 6061 I had lying around, just need to borrow a mates rotary table to cut the inner bore leaving two engagement dogs

20240504-175202.jpg

My father-in-law is a right good guy, time served truck mechanic in his youth, many other jobs since including a stint in the police and a lot of maintenance jobs. He gave me a box of old tools he's no need of any more but I might be able to put to use, pullers and the like. I've been going through and hitting them with the wire wheel to take the surface rust off. It's cathartic 😆

Back
Top Bottom