• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Show us your Defender

Attachments

• 20230807_184538.jpg
    20230807_184538.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 87
yes its an ARB Defender bumper, someone thumped my 90 a few years back stuffed my radiator whilst parked . hence I went on the defensive with this unit !
its the arb name which threw me I know the Aussies like arb and looks very similar ā€¦.I like it nice piece of kit .

Last edited:
White 110, 1984, total rebuild in a Richards Chassis and shares in YRM.
Ex MOD bought yesterday, 1987. Needs a bit of work on the bulkhead corners, the rest is solid. good chassis. looking forward to tinkering with it.
Looks like your 87 MOD LR has retained a lot more of its originality than my 87 MOD LR. šŸ˜…

Mine had lost the military style lights and bumper before I bought it and during the rebuild it lost the convoy lamp and NATO trailer socked due to a new rear crossmember.

More dismantling and cleaning up.. It never seems to end.. Boxes cleaned and split.. Gearbox output shaft removed, clutch and flywheel off.. Clutch release bearing off
The only obvious issue was on the driven or friction plate on the clutch.. Lump of metal chewed up by one of the springs housings and the springs fell out when I lifted the plates away from the flywheel..
20230903_163422.jpg

20230903_162939.jpg

20230903_162846.jpg

Back
Top Bottom