• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

steveseries72 - S3 88 rebuild

A great read, and really good work to date. I hope the move went well and you can return to your restoration soon. I'm just about the start my own restoration on a very sorry looking 1972 88" diesel so reading others endeavours like this thread is always inspiring. :thumbsup:
Thanks Matt & good luck with your restoration.

The update is we are moved and in the new property. The bad news is I have gone from a very spacious double garage and workshop to a fairly long single garage which will need to be demolished within the next six months as it is in a very poor state of repair and will form part of a new addition when planning goes through.
The house which has been affectionately named by SWMBO as 'the shithole', is by virtue of having been christened so, in need of a lot of repair and update so my time on the series is going to be somewhat limited to say the least. That said, the LR is in a good place with work done to date. I plan to buy a 20' shipping container to grace the front garden and really ingratiate myself with the locals to store both Land Rover and garage equipment while the work is done to the house. My thoughts are I can then use this as a spray booth to complete the bodywork prior to moving it on.
At the moment it still seems a long way off, we've been living in our caravan on the driveway for the past couple of weeks, no doubt lowering the tone of the neighbourhood already, but things are progressing to make the property habitable. On the bright side, now all the stress of planning and moving have passed I once again have time to wind down and participate in this great forum again!

Thanks Matt & good luck with your restoration.

The update is we are moved and in the new property. The bad news is I have gone from a very spacious double garage and workshop to a fairly long single garage which will need to be demolished within the next six months as it is in a very poor state of repair and will form part of a new addition when planning goes through.
The house which has been affectionately named by SWMBO as 'the shithole', is by virtue of having been christened so, in need of a lot of repair and update so my time on the series is going to be somewhat limited to say the least. That said, the LR is in a good place with work done to date. I plan to buy a 20' shipping container to grace the front garden and really ingratiate myself with the locals to store both Land Rover and garage equipment while the work is done to the house. My thoughts are I can then use this as a spray booth to complete the bodywork prior to moving it on.
At the moment it still seems a long way off, we've been living in our caravan on the driveway for the past couple of weeks, no doubt lowering the tone of the neighbourhood already, but things are progressing to make the property habitable. On the bright side, now all the stress of planning and moving have passed I once again have time to wind down and participate in this great forum again!
What joy.
I would suggest 2 x containers the bridge a carport roof between them if you have enough room.
A 20" container is not as big as you think...šŸ˜¬

Back
Top Bottom