• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Stuck in gear

:D My speedo is a phone app... the phone lives on the dash toward the center. I set the app to beep when I hit 60mph. @ then I'm nicely on the cam, it'll still pull hard when I press the pedal. It regularly beeps, when it does I sit back and relax 'cruisin' :cool:
I did once see 72, it was still pulling but I didn't look over at the speedo again :eek: a mix of terror, mental imagery of the components and a certain knowledge of the weight of the brute made me have a word with myself :cool: To achieve that took a lot of spannering ..lets not talk about the spending ;)

Just a word of caution if you're thinking of doing diff swaps. It's easy enough to swap out the diff in a Rover axle, if you have a Salisbury you have the problem of needing a case stretcher to open it up enough to get the diff out. An alternative is to fit an axle that already has the 3.54 gear that you want but, it's significantly wider. I believe there are 3;54's of the right width but you get some free hens teeth when you find one.
You could narrow the case and half shafts (the shafts wont mix and match)...but you are still faced with the axle ends being set up for disc brakes, the ends of the drum brake axle wont mix and match either.
More sensible/less engineering req to keep the 3:54's wide but then the effects of what you've done spread all the way through the vehicle a bit at a time; because you've done this you have to do that.

The most recent one for me has been adjust the door lock on the driver side. I can see from the wear mark that it's always been a bit marginal but because I now have the handling sorted (by fitting the high lift shackles) I can stomp on the pedals a bit harder and make the turbine do it's job....ooooh how it roars :D but of course, this puts more stress and strain on everything, things can flex and move more....and so the door had begun a habit of popping open :rolleyes:Now sorted and I'm back in the loop of the aux belt alignment...shredding belts cos the alt mount broke cos I can load the engine harder and.....on it goes and on it goes

:D I just read the words, auto re-correct in my own head and wonder if they allowed Professor Stanley Unwin to design the predictive text feature :rolleyes:

I had a similar issue. Replacing slave cylinder didn't fix it but replacing the master cylinder did. Be careful with the master cylinder - the push rod needs to be adjusted very carefully - see the workshop manual!

Back
Top Bottom