• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

VW LT 28 campervan

Well not a good three weeks for us with me and the boy having a respiratory lurgy the week before last . Then this week the boys been ill again with an ear infection that just won’t go away . Oh and it’s mostly been raining .

Anyway in between all of that I have made some progress.

I started with this .
IMG_0114.jpeg

After quite a bit of welding it was made good .

IMG_0158.jpeg

Tidied up with some paint and the passenger footwell is done .

IMG_0169.jpeg

Now to a quick tidy up of the drivers footwell with my expert helper .

IMG_0171.jpeg

Well this didn’t go to plan . There was a previous repair done before I got the van. It’s always looked well done but I decided to strip, check for any corrosion and repaint.

Yep you know what’s coming . A quick blast with the heat gun to remove the paint and seam sealer .
I lent on the floor for balance and the whole floor moved. The seam sealer was “sticky stuff” . The welding was there for show only and the repair panel had been stuck down with some mig beads for show only .

No problem . The MOT is only next Tuesday. So that’s a work in progress. I guess I should have left alone but I did find a 2 inch hole in the floor near the steering column so I’m glad a had a good look .

Aye, welding upside down is such fun. It certainly looks better for it. I have picked up an extra couple of burn holes today too. It's always mid weld just when you can't stop!

Some good progress there! And good to see the 'prent hard at work. Hope his ear infection is getting better 😊
Thanks Sandy .

Progress is progress. It was the weld splatter beneath my watch strap beneath my overalls that really got me 🤣 . Anyway there’s loads of time before the MOT on Tuesday 🙄

The boys getting there thank you 🤞

Back
Top Bottom