• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

Webasto Thermo Top C

ampo1975

Accelerating Away
I have access to a Webasto Thermo Top C that is currently fitted to a Rover 75. I'd like to remove it and fit it to my TD5 90, but would like your opinions on how viable/worthwhile/difficult this would be.

Any fitting instructions would be greatly appreciated.

If you all the parts it shouldn't be to hard of a task to perform, and trust me you'll be glad when the winter comes. I'll have to search my computer when I get home, think I have the instructions somewhere.

Thanks very much. I've read that there are some TD5 specific instructions somewhere, but I haven't managed to find any yet.

I've managed to remove it from the Rover today. I've got all the bits including timer, fuel pump and T80 unit. Just need to know how to plumb it in to the truck now.

Well to avoid any "mistakes" I think I'll invest in the universal wiring loom for £75. As for plumbing it into the cooling system, I've got quite a lot of pipework, so I don't want to unneccesarily buy more. Am I right in my assumption that the heater plumbs into the system between the engine and the heat exchanger and there are just 2 sections of hose that i need to tap into? I've looked at the fitting instructions for the Freelander and there seems to be loads of pipework with several different connections, which has confused me somewhat.

If anyone has any photos of one installed into the cooling system, I 'd be very grateful.

PLumbing the fuel pump is reasonanlby easy if you have acces to the top of the td5 fule pump., there is a blank nipple on there, i clipped the top off, inserted a pick up for the ebrespacher (baiscaly same) in there, used some rubber fuel line over the pick up and the nipple with a couple of jubilee clips to seal and hold in place.... as for loom, i made my own to extend the time to the dash board and mounted the timer in a pannel i made in the center console as i do not have a radio....

CHeers

Attachments

• Eber control.jpg
    Eber control.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 406
Is it worth buying the fuel pick up, or would it be possible to slide some stiff plastic 5mm fuel pipe into it and then fix it as you did with rubber tubing and jubilee clips?

Is it worth buying the fuel pick up, or would it be possible to slide some stiff plastic 5mm fuel pipe into it and then fix it as you did with rubber tubing and jubilee clips?

Hiya, i dit not want to pay silly money for a pickup so i used a peice of metal brake line, fitted nicely into the hole, and was a nice snug fit into the rubber fuel line i used to hold it into place :)

I will warn you it can be a pain to get to the top of the fuel tank, but i have a hole cut in the tub floor from changing the fuel pump, so was nice and easy to get access, the td5 fuel system runs at reasonably high pressure, so dont be tempted to cut into the trucks fuel lines :)

Cheers

Well, my Thermo Top C wiring loom has arrived from Carmedia and all the wires are grey, which has meant an hour of messing about working out what goes where. I've worked most of it out except for:
One loose wire from pin 3 on the webasto connector plug
Two wires that go from a relay to the vehicle fan, but I've no idea which wires on the truck I need to connect them to.

Anyone got any ideas?

That would be much appreciated. I've tried to translate the German instructions and a Dutch guide with Google translate, it doesn't help much, but from what I can gather i just need to cut the main power wire to the fan and attach the two wires from the relay either side, so that it switches the supply. I don't know which wire that is though.

Howdy

Finally got the Webasto english fitting instructions for the Defender TD5. I've scanned them to pdf, but they're huge, so will email them if you want them.

Tom

Cheers for that, but I think I'm sorted. I've got it set up, but there's a problem with the heater. It runs for a few minutes without getting hot and then shuts down. I'm taking it back to the scrappy tomorrow and he's swapping it for another one.

Howdy

Finally got the Webasto english fitting instructions for the Defender TD5. I've scanned them to pdf, but they're huge, so will email them if you want them.

Tom

Hi, sorry to re-awaken this thread...

If you still have those fitting instructions I'd very much be obliged if you could email me a copy.

my address is [email protected]

Cheers, Glen.

Is is an option that someone had fitted to the Rover 75? Its not standard is it by any chance anyone know? If so of to the scrappy for me.

Back
Top Bottom