• Welcome to the Land Rover UK Forums

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to register then please Register Now

What did you do to your Defender today?

caffn8me

Trekker
Given that there's a What did you do to your series today? and a What did you do to your Disco today? thread, it seems a bit strange there isn't a Defender equivalent that I could find so here goes;

I did an engine oil change - Castrol Magnatec 10W/40 (and Forte engine flush!) came out to be replaced with Mobil Super 3000 X1 5W-40. I've only ever used Castrol Magnatec (or its equivalent Castrol predecessors) up until now so a change to fully synthetic is a bit of an experiment. I used a Genuine Parts filter from Turner Engineering as they are ridiculously cheap (£5.94).

I also drained the main gearbox - MTF94 out and fresh MTF94 back in.

On starting the engine it was noticeably quieter with less clatter. It will be interesting to see what it's like when it's much colder.

What did you do to your Defender today?

Sarah :)

I glanced at it as I walked past, there it was tucked up under the carport ready for the next adventure (or trip to work anyway)!:D

Todays job was a de-cat front pipe and straight through middle pipe.
Took her round the block for a quick spin, not much difference really. :eek:
A more thorough road test tomorrow I think!

Today I slackened off my bumper bolts and WD40'd them ready for the weekend when I plan to rub it back to bare metal and paint it - I'll do as much of the front of the chassis I can get at.

Also Went over one of my wheels (looking rather worse for wear) with T-cut to get the surface rust off and give it a bit of a clean, I'll see how time goes and maybe paint it this weekend.

I got round to emptying mine out from a weekend trip to Wales, removed from the inside includes (but not limited to):
3/4 eaten pack of Maynard sours
Empty box of M&S custard tarts (co-driver)
Darts trophy
Tent
Sleeping bag
Empty drinks bottles (many)
700c inner tube with 60mm valve (been looking for that for ages)
Milk (very soon to be cheese)

but this is in preparation for installing nice neat marine fuse box from Blue Sea and doing away with spaghetti style installation that exists as present.

And top marks for starting this thread BTW :)

A bit of DIY soundproofing in the cabin. Seems to have made a difference but it's difficult to tell over the noise of the rain :/

Back
Top Bottom